Just bought a pair of Stratos!

zerojeff

Just bought a pair of Stratos!
« on: 7 Mar 2020, 02:02 am »
Saw a pair of Stratos monos on Audiogon so I thought I’d take a chance. Can’t wait for them to get here. Now I have to find a good tube preamp........

uncola

Re: Just bought a pair of Stratos!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2020, 11:04 am »
Hope you like them

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2020, 11:56 am »
http://www.erhard-audio.com/Aretha.html

Works great with my Stratos  Extreme.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2020, 07:50 am »
Plug in, leave on for at least 84-100 hours, then play some program songs, let us know what u think!
  The warmer the better.

Keep us informed

geerock

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2020, 06:32 pm »
Saw a pair of Stratos monos on Audiogon so I thought I’d take a chance. Can’t wait for them to get here. Now I have to find a good tube preamp........
I have a pair of all in Kismet in Stratos monos and recently got Don Sachs tube pre with all the goodies.  And I stream through a tube DAC.  Now the music is holographic and surrounds you.  Ive been a fan of tubed pre with SS amp for quite some time.

mcmusicman

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2020, 11:28 pm »
Congrats. It is not easy to get these guys on the used market. 
Since this is a judgement free zone....I will say that when I added a Freya Plus pre and a set of quad matched Tung Sols
my Maggies simply came alive. It pairs perfectly with my Stratos. (Can not afford the Sachs but green with envy ;)

GentleBender

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2020, 08:50 pm »
I just jumped on a pair of Stratos mono Extremes and will use them to replace my awesome Odyssey Cyclops. It was an offer I couldn’t refuse! Excited to see the difference with almost twice the power. Pairing with an Schiit Freya to begin my journey since someone selling the Candela never returns my emails.  :| I will update this post when I have a chance to get them hooked up after they arrive.

The Cyclops will be put in my second system in the living room after I bring it to work to show the guys what a real amp can do. I had some of them question me as to what the difference is in a mass produced Yamaha I have in my office and the stuff I have at home could be. I had to break it down geek style and ask them the difference between a mass produced PC and a hand built gaming rig. Can’t wait to show them the difference! Is it bad when you work so much that you set up an audio system in your office that includes your subwoofer?

I am glad to work in a hospital and have recently been working much overtime preparing computer equipment for the possible influx of COVID-19 patients in our area. We all want to be as prepared as possible moving forward even if our exposure is limited in our little city. I would rather have equipment in place before it is needed.