Phono stage advice and opinions needed...

sunnydaze

Re: Phono stage advice and opinions needed...
« Reply #20 on: 1 Mar 2020, 01:33 pm »
Not sure, but I think at least one company offers return priveleges.  Get both...compare.....return the "loser".

Actually, there is no loser.  I don't think you can go wrong with either.  Not at this price point.  I bet you'd have trouble choosing.  Just commit, they are so cheap there's not much to lose.....even if you gotta resell.

Or do what I do....just watch for a used one.   They always show up.  Or post a WTB.  This way you get to try whatever you want with low resale risk.

jawks

« Reply #21 on: 2 Mar 2020, 02:18 pm »
Made a decision and ordered my Vista Phono-2 this morning ... currently on sale for $349!

Thanks everyone for your input!

topside3

« Reply #22 on: 3 Mar 2020, 05:17 am »
I have a Vincent and have been very pleased with it. Tried a Cambridge as well but the Vincent was much better.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #23 on: 4 Mar 2020, 11:22 am »
Congrats, don't think you can go wrong there at all.

REY

« Reply #24 on: 13 Mar 2020, 10:30 pm »
I came late to this thread, I have a Puffin DSP, and it is awesome, I modded it to output digital trough optical and I can use my own dac, and now my turntable is completely electrically isolated from the rest of the system which results in the most quiet phono preamp I have ever used. The owner of the company is a great guy and keeps coming with updates to the firmware and who knows what other functionalities will be added in the future.

axb13

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jun 2020, 06:34 am »
Parks Audio makes a killer product, but the Lounge Audio is awesome also. Both these companies have very involved and responsive owner/operators.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #26 on: 22 Jun 2020, 04:27 pm »
I know you already made your choices this is just chiming in for future  reference to anyone looking. The Pro-Ject Tube Box S2 with a set of Gold Lion tubes is actually quite good. Cost effective enough (I think I was $500 all in with tubes) but it sounds rich and vibrant and carries all sorts of detail I was missing on my receiver phono input.