ALSA Mixer WebUI bryston-bdp-2

Roberto135

ALSA Mixer WebUI bryston-bdp-2
« on: 13 Feb 2020, 09:23 pm »
Hi, just a little doubt:
are these settings right? I entered in 'Advance' from 'Settings - Audio Devices' for the first time, and I was intrigued by 'Master Playback' at 69%.
It seemed like a strange setting and so I thought to ask to you. Also, moving the percentage, I don't feel any difference.
It was better if I stood still ...  :D
Thank You
Roberto

zoom25

Re: ALSA Mixer WebUI bryston-bdp-2
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2020, 09:36 pm »
My unit shows the master playback and PCM playback sliders at 80%...

Roberto135

« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2020, 10:23 pm »
I tried to move but they seem irrelevant, as if they were not enabled. Someone will explain to us, the important thing is not to do damage ... 8)

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2020, 08:37 pm »
Hi, just a little doubt:
are these settings right? I entered in 'Advance' from 'Settings - Audio Devices' for the first time, and I was intrigued by 'Master Playback' at 69%.
It seemed like a strange setting and so I thought to ask to you. Also, moving the percentage, I don't feel any difference.
It was better if I stood still ...  :D
Thank You
Roberto

Just some clarification up front, these are the raw ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) settings for all the audio hardware in your player.  For example each of our units ship with some sort of integrated DAC that is integrated into the units mainboard and aren't actually used by any of the programs the render audio from a BDP, but they are still accessible from within this page.  Most DAC's 0db gain is 100%, but some DACs it might be 80 or 90% is equal to 0db and any higher the signal is being altered to make the signal louder or quieter.  Generally you only need to tinker in here if you use a 3rd party USB dac that either mutes its output or sets a gain value that isn't 0db gain by default.  Hope this helps.

Chris

Roberto135

« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2020, 09:30 pm »
I understand a little (it's not my language), however I don't have to move anything, and I can leave Master Playback at 69% which is not enabled in the configuration I'm using. Right so?

I was a little doubtful because to the left of the control it says "Mono" ...

Thank You
Roberto

Roberto135

« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2020, 11:59 pm »
My unit shows the master playback and PCM playback sliders at 80%...

I restarted my BDP-2 and now also my unit shows the Master Playback and PCM Playback sliders at 80%. I didn't understand how, but that's okay ...