seating

mmurt

seating
« on: 11 Feb 2020, 12:30 am »
My wife an I have started to look for a home theater sofa that still has a "living room" look.  Looking for leather and pretty high quality.  Motorized recline seat and headrest is a must.  Anyone out there recently buy something as described?  Thanks.

Phil A

Re: seating
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2020, 12:46 am »
Lots of choices.  I just moved the old (probably about 8 years old) Palliser power recliners (modular design so you can add more and they come is straight or curved rows) to a secondary system and am waiting for the new ones for the living room (probably 4-6 weeks).  There are other brands too.

mmurt

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2020, 04:17 pm »
Thanks Phil, it sounds like you are happy with the performance and durability of this brand then.  I'll check them out.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2020, 04:40 pm »
How many seats do you want? Love seat? Couch? Individual?

FYI, if you have a Costco near you, they may have a Love seat & Couch that aren't too expensive and seem pretty comfortable. Dark brown Leather. Power, cup holders, & remote control compartment.

(That is, they are available at a couple of the Central Coast Costco's near me. Unknown if they are everywhere.)

mmurt

« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2020, 04:58 pm »
Sofa with 3 or 4 seats, not individual.  Most can configure the placement of arms to be either a group of seats or a sofa.  We have plenty of Costco's nearby so I'll have a look.  We don't want to replace the sofa in 4 or 5 years so pretty adamant about the quality.  Thanks Much. 

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2020, 06:05 pm »
Sam's Club also has a sectional they sell that is nicely priced.  Catnapper products are very comfortable to sit in.  Unfortunately the furniture store near that carries them does not have a good reputation.  I've also owned Flexsteel.  Very well made.  I didn't own a power one but had a recliner with own arm that was about a seat and a half wide (and was made to mate with another piece.  Had a space problem in the old house with a gas fireplace on one side and an opening to the kitchen on the other.  I finished the basement and move the Flexsteel down there and it was really easy to fall asleep in it.  I ended up getting the Palliser recliners, one without an arm and one with one arm as that was all I could fit in the space in the old house.  The new Palliser ones coming in 5 weeks or so have one unit with an arm on each side and one with an arm on one side. I moved a small side table (with drawers) with the old recliners into the other room and took out the table I had in there (like this - https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m12496639927/?gclsrc=aw.ds&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1822972057&utm_content=t0&adgroup=66362389821&network=g&device=c&merchant_id=133291422&product_id=m12496639927&product_id=297362935391&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ajE6YrK5wIVBqSzCh1kTQyIEAQYBSABEgKmAPD_BwE) since with the extra arms the new furniture takes up a drop more space.  The new furniture has storage compartments inside the arms as well.

stlrman

« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2020, 02:32 pm »
I found this company for you in doing a bit of research.
This company seems VERY solid !!

https://valenciatheaterseating.com/theater-seating/#!/performance