James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Florida Audio Expo 2020
« on: 8 Feb 2020, 02:22 am »
Here we go!

Florida Audio Expo

Probably the first time we have played the oh so sweet B135 at a show.

Brand new BDA-3.14 front end. Room 1112, seeya soon?

mhconley

Re: Florida Audio Expo 2020
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2020, 02:26 am »
I’ll be there tomorrow.

Martin

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2020, 02:27 am »
I’ll be there tomorrow.

Martin

Hi Martin - please let me know what you think.

james

RonN5

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2020, 03:16 am »
This was a really good sounding room... and maybe even more so considering that the FYNE F502 loudspeakers are only $2500.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2020, 12:30 pm »
This was a really good sounding room... and maybe even more so considering that the FYNE F502 loudspeakers are only $2500.

Thanks Ron - nice to hear.

james

The Rang

« Reply #5 on: 8 Feb 2020, 05:37 pm »

Is Fyne the company formed by ex Tannoy employees?

RonN5

« Reply #6 on: 8 Feb 2020, 06:34 pm »
@the rang

yes....ex tannoy employees

also...also, a thumbs up to Bryston...both the people that were so informative...and the gear that no doubt helped the Fyne's to sing

mhconley

« Reply #7 on: 9 Feb 2020, 02:55 am »
Hi Martin - please let me know what you think.

james

I swear I took pictures of every room. My son an I visited every room today, some long enough to get a picture, others for a song or two and several for more extended listening. I recall listening to a few songs in your room; I know the Fyne speakers sounded fine. :green: But I somehow missed taking pictures in your room.

Martin

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 9 Feb 2020, 03:21 am »
I swear I took pictures of every room. My son an I visited every room today, some long enough to get a picture, others for a song or two and several for more extended listening. I recall listening to a few songs in your room; I know the Fyne speakers sounded fine. :green: But I somehow missed taking pictures in your room.

Martin

Hopefully it wasn't me in the room at the same time as it could have broken your camera if I was in the shot.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 9 Feb 2020, 10:04 pm »

Bryston played the BDA-3.14 streamer-DAC at FAE 2020, which includes a DAC based on the company’s flagship BDA-3 digital-to-analog converter, plus a slew of additional features.

The BDA-3.14 comes with USB, HMDI, and S/PDIF AES/EBU inputs, and an internal music player that supports Tidal, Qobuz, and Roon. The integral digital volume control allows direct connection to an amplifier, so no traditional analog preamplifier is needed if you’re running an entirely digital system -- just connect single-ended or balanced interconnects from the BDA-3.14 to a power amp. The USB input supports resolutions up to 32-bit/384kHz PCM and DSD512.

The other inputs support up to 24-bit/192kHz PCM and DSD128. All in all, we loved the integrated nature of the BDA-3.14 -- add a Bryston amplifier and you’re are all set.

Bryston was sharing the room with the Fyne Audio F502 speakers which is a 2.5-way floorstanding design that garnered quite a bit of attention at FAE 2020 due to the super-affordable price for the apparent excellent build quality and sonic performance on offer.  In fact, one showgoer listening while we were gathering detail for our show report said the F502 was “by far the best value at the show.” The F502 is priced $2495 in wood finish and rises to $2845 per pair in the premium painted finish seen. The Fyne Audio’s drivers are 8” in diameter.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 12 Feb 2020, 05:02 pm »

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston – Florida Show 2020

BRYSTON ROOM

Tom Gibbs - Positive Feedback

This room featured turntables from Rega, along with amplification and digital sources from Bryston and additional electronics from Rega.

Loudspeakers were from a relatively new company, Fyne Audio, which is an offshoot of Scottish legend Tannoy. The Fyne loudspeakers employ the same coaxially mounted drivers as many Tannoys do, and even though the MSRP of the pair on display was less than $2K.

The sound was remarkably good, and very reminiscent of that great Tannoy sound!