Howdy from Wilmington

Jeff Fritz

Howdy from Wilmington
« on: 13 Feb 2005, 10:36 pm »
Howdy folks,

Just thought I'd say hello to my fellow North Carolinians. Not many audiophiles in my neck of the woods. Any of you guys from Wilmington?

Hantra

Re: Howdy from Wilmington
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2005, 11:59 pm »
Quote from: Jeff Fritz
Howdy folks,

Just thought I'd say hello to my fellow North Carolinians. Not many audiophiles in my neck of the woods. Any of you guys from Wilmington?

Hi Jeff!  

I am in Greensboro, and audiophiles in our state are pretty sparse.  But that doesn't mean some of the best gear isn't built here!

NealH

Howdy from Wilmington
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2005, 03:36 am »
Wilmington - nice place, by the way.  I'm in Raleigh.  I like Greensboro too as I lived there for 15 years prior to moving to Raleigh.  Have to follow the jobs, you know.

claud

Howdy from Wilmington
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2005, 02:49 pm »
Don't you guys think that is a scream!! The managing editor of the Soundstage Network , one of the best on line audiophile resources, lives in Wilmington, somewhat of an audiophile wasteland.
Brother Fritz, please check this forum group at least once a week. The NC ACers do meet in Raleigh or Durham sometimes. As you can tell by the recent posts, the guys are gearing up for some sort of get together in March. You are invited.

sheadlee

Howdy from Wilmington
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2005, 09:09 pm »
Hi, Jeff!

I'm glad you checked in. I've been enjoying Soundstage for years!

Definitely join us for our 'circle' meetings, when and if you can.

I'm over in Asheboro, but as Claud says...we are more concentrated in the Raleigh-Durham area.

I look forward to having the opportunity to meet you sometime.

Jeff Fritz

Howdy from Wilmington
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2005, 01:10 am »
I'd love get up there for a visit to a meeting. As well, any of you guys are welcome here if you're in Wilmington. You can have a meeting here sometime when the beach weather is good. I always have new things in for review that would interest you. Here's a link to an article detailing a big time in the Fritz household:

http://www.ultraaudio.com/features/2004_02_01.htm

And yes, I have an understanding wife! :D

Mike-48

Howdy from Wilmington
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2005, 02:10 am »
Jeff,

Greetings from Beaufort!

M

NealH

Howdy from Wilmington
« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2005, 11:55 am »
You make us envious Jeff.  Very interesting article and I would love to hear a system such as this.  I am sure it was a lot of work unpacking and setting this system up.  But as we all know, the life of an audiophile is not an easy one.  

Were there follow-up articles written on this system or, its components on the "Ultra" site?

Jeff Fritz

Howdy from Wilmington
« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2005, 02:12 am »
Yep, there are other "TWBAS" columns on ultraaudio.com. I write that one about once per quarter and "Surrounded" monthly on SoundStage!, plus various reviews on all the sites. Keeps me busy, and the garage full of stuff.

I bought the X-2s, and own a Boulder 1010/1060 combo to drive them. I currently have the Esoteric DV-50 as a front end.