Install MinimServer on Bryston BDP3

Mahler123

Install MinimServer on Bryston BDP3
« on: 25 Jan 2020, 10:06 pm »
Hi
  New to the Forum.  I own a Bryston BDP3.  I love the SQ but dislike Manic Moose.  I have read that MinimServer may be a much fit for a Classical Music Lover such as myself.  Can MinimServer be directly installed on the BDP3, and if so, how?

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Install MinimServer on Bryston BDP3
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2020, 10:18 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2020, 10:48 pm »
Greetings.  I don't believe you'd load Minimserver on your Bryston, but rather on a NAS that stores your music files and also on a network attached computer. I don't know if the Bryston can be used as a DLNA renderer, but if it can, you'll be able to see it on your network and select it via the controller, BubbleUpnp on a phone/tablet.

I don't know if there's a posting restriction, but posing this question to the Bryston circle will likely get your question answered.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2020, 11:09 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Mahler   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2020, 11:49 pm »
There is no restriction.

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2020, 11:58 pm »
Welcome! 

Mahler123

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2020, 08:19 pm »
Greetings.  I don't believe you'd load Minimserver on your Bryston, but rather on a NAS that stores your music files and also on a network attached computer. I don't know if the Bryston can be used as a DLNA renderer, but if it can, you'll be able to see it on your network and select it via the controller, BubbleUpnp on a phone/tablet.

I don't know if there's a posting restriction, but posing this question to the Bryston circle will likely get your question answered.
I thought I was posting on the Bryston page.  Guess that I will have to learn how to better navigate this site.
Speaking of which, how does one make the formal introduction?  The tabs on my iPad doesn’t seem to send me anywhere useful

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2020, 08:24 pm »
Post in the Bryston Circle here:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=57

Mahler123

Introduction
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2020, 08:24 pm »
Hi, I am another Chicago based Audiophile, trying to introduce myself.  Main interest currently is trying to find a useful File Storage system for my large Classical Music CD collection.  I have used BlueOS and Bryston Manic Moose and not impressed with either of them

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
Re: Introduction
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2020, 08:28 pm »
Hi, I am another Chicago based Audiophile, trying to introduce myself.  Main interest currently is trying to find a useful File Storage system for my large Classical Music CD collection.  I have used BlueOS and Bryston Manic Moose and not impressed with either of them
Please note its not allowed open multiple threads for introductions:
Please introduce yourself to the community by starting a thread here. If you are new to the site, threads posted here will be approved more quickly than anywhere else. Please DO NOT start more than one thread.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167699.0