FS: Selah Raal/Revelator speakers w/ 70-20XR tweeters (no longer FS)

thehighend

Incredible pair of Selah stand-mount speakers, selling for what the tweeters alone go for.  This pair was made by Rick Craig (of Selah Audio fame) with what are, arguably, the finest 2-way speaker drivers available: RAAL 70-20XR tweeters and Scanspeak Revelator 5-1/4" woofers.  The woofers alone are currently going for over $400/pr (at Madisound.com at least) and the tweeters are hard to get and sell for considerably more.

This pair is truly on par (excepting _really_ low bass dynamics) with anything I have heard and own, including speakers in the $5k-$10k range and even beyond.  I am selling only due to the need to free up both space and funds.

Cosmetically they are in nice condition but not perfect condition, as I have shown with the detailed photos, and as the price reflects. 

Each speaker weighs 35 pounds, very heavy despite each speaker's modest 9" x 9" x 19" dimensions. 

$1195/pair  local sale only

« Last Edit: 19 May 2020, 03:17 am by thehighend »

dburna

Nice. What is the finish/veneer on these?

-dGB

srb

The woofers look like the Scanspeak Revelator, not the Illuminator.  What is the diameter?

thehighend

Yes, the woofers are Revelators and about 5-1/4" each, and I have added this detail and adjusted the original listing above.

thehighend

Nice. What is the finish/veneer on these?

-dGB

I'm not sure of the exact veneer details, but the silver hue in the stain is a bit atypical.

jonbee

I owned these at one time. These were a custom design by Rick, and are a very successful design.
The finish is silver stain over birds eye maple.
These things are very heavy, built like rocks. Cabinets are DEAD silent.
I loved these little guys.  For the size they are tough to beat.

thehighend

Update with lowered price.

RonN5

Two questions:

1.  Do they have grills.

2.  Could you add a few more photos that better show off the finish

Thanks

thehighend

Hi,
Grills are included — they are lying next to the speakers in the pictures.  The finish is what you see — the pictures show all four sides and tops of both in good lighting.  Any particular angle or side you want to see?

RonN5

Thanks... now I see the grills... I’m assuming magnetic attachment

If you could show a few photos straight on... not an up or down angle would be great.

I’m asking on behalf of someone not yet an AC member but interested...

The surface almost looks like a Formica countertop... but I understand it is a stain over a wood finish.

Thanks again

thehighend

RonN5

thanks you....I will pass these photos along and find out if they have further questions. the paint/stain job looks almost 3d!

thehighend

Price reduced.

R_burke

What are the specifications on these, I am especially interest in their sensitivity and what if any recommendations there are on amperage

thehighend

Sensitivity seems pretty low, I would guess around mid-80s.  Robust amplification is called for.

LarryD56

Could you post a pic or two with the grills on? How do they attach to the speaker cabinets? What is the extent of the 'not perfect' condition?

thehighend

Local sale only on these, so buyer can see/hear in person.

LarryD56

I understand that. Just wanting to know info so that I could justify driving that distance or not.

jonbee

How do they attach to the speaker cabinets?
Magnets are installed beneath the veneer which hold the grills in place, so no holes in the speakers. They are plain black cloth over mdf, about 1/2 inch thick, with rounded edges.

Whitese

Will these ever be available to be shipped??