New Shallco Switches

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
New Shallco Switches
« on: 13 Feb 2005, 04:28 pm »
Hello!

Just a quick note. I now stock 2 new models of shallco switch. Now stocked are 23 position mono switches for dual mono volume control ($70 each) and 6 position 4 pole source select switches ($115 each). The new source selects allow switching hot and ground for both channels on one switch.   Both these are the high quality shallco C series switches. Full information in the DIY parts section of the bentaudio website.

Many Thansk!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com

Ed Sawyer

Seiden 45SG series switches... where to find...
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2005, 03:23 am »
John, any ideas on where to find the old Seiden switches you used to stock? I know they were pricey which is why you ended up going with the Shallco. Just wondering if there are any good online vendors for those. I found them on various japanese websites but no easy way to figure out how to order.

thanks in advance!
-Ed

Doc Jr 8156

New Shallco Switches
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2005, 04:08 am »
John,
can you show some pictures of the dual mono volume control?  How can this be implemented on the NOH?  Thanks and Godspeed.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
New Shallco Switches
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2005, 08:55 pm »
Hello!

Ed,

I have not dealt with the agent in some time and so I am not setup to get them now. Could be that Brian and diyhifi would be able to get them as part of an order from Seiden - he still uses the model 32 switch I think.

Doc,

I don't have any pics of a NOH made dual mono - although I did do one or 2 of them as special orders. What we did was put the source select stuff on the middle knob then put each shallco on the output 2 knobs. No remote can be used that way though. It would be a fairly big job to do as a re-fit. The switch is exactly the same as the 2 channel switch - just one deck rather than 2 decks (which makes it a bit easier to wire!).

Thanks!

John