Hello there!

kidgleason

Hello there!
« on: 24 Jan 2020, 02:46 am »
New member here from Chicago. I'm currently rocking a Conrad Johnson PV5, Adcom 5300, Peachtree DAC, Schiit Loki and Infinity WTLC speakers. I joined this site in order to gather more info on Spatial speakers, as I think that may potentially be my next purchase. And I'm contemplating a Bob Latino VTA ST-120 kit to replace the Adcom, as I built a Bottlehead Crack headphone amp last year and absolutely loved putting it all together.

I'll be keeping an eye on the Trading Post here and hopefully I'll see some of you at AXPONA in April!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2020, 03:08 am »
Welcome Gleason :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2020, 05:02 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC kid   :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2020, 05:59 am »
Welcome to Audio Circle!  :thumb:

Evgenij

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2020, 11:47 am »
NO!

kidgleason

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2020, 02:38 pm »
NO!

That's the response I get at most places I walk into... :icon_lol:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2020, 02:57 pm »
Welcome!

Have been to Axpona a couple of times.  Axpona is a big show.  First year tried to cover it all but the quicky stops were all but pointless.  Next year limited to 20+ rooms, but missed stuff that wasn't announced ahead of time.  Like all shows Fridays suffer from hit or miss setups (don't understand why it has to be that way).  Saturdays are extremely busy.  Sundays find vendors ready to pack up early but finally have decent setups by then.  Only the most expensive gear typically gets played.  Even if you get to hear what you want there are too many variables (room, power, associated gear, etc.) to make informed decisions.  So I use shows only to veto gear and talk with the people behind the design. 

After nearly 50 years at this, I've settled into buying gear from trusted manufacturers, those with deep resources (in house manufacturing not just parts assembly, long histories, and a wealth of R&D).  My last few purchases have included NAD, PS Audio, JBL, and Dynaudio. 

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2020, 03:15 pm »
Welcome!

kidgleason

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2020, 02:30 am »
Thanks all! And thanks for the tips JLM!