Omega's in a small room placed up against the wall in the corners?

AvsFan

Looking at an office set up in a small 12x10 room. Need to put the speakers up against the wall and in the corners of the room for WAF. Are Omega's okay with this or should I look elsewhere? Owned a pair of Super 3 XRS's awhile back and LOVED them.
« Last Edit: 9 Jan 2020, 07:09 pm by AvsFan »

FireGuy

Louis from Omega does some fine one-off designs.  Maybe he could do a front ported version with the RS5 that could accommodate your corner wall requirement with aplomb.

Jolly

That is an excellent suggestion Fireguy! I am sure Louis has custom built speakers with circumstances similar to those described by the poster and working with Louis is always a pleasure.

RDavidson

Why not get the 3xrs again?  They're better with some boundary reinforcement, so I think corner placement may work nicely for you.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Why not get the 3xrs again?  They're better with some boundary reinforcement, so I think corner placement may work nicely for you.
+1

zmaggio

I use my SAM XRS in a very small room, and they are essentially in the corners. It works great, and as someone already mentioned, the boundary reinforcement helps add some bass and heft.

TWINSKI66

Late reply; but for others with similar physical spacing constraints...I can offer that Louis is building the Super 3 HO monitors with front ports for my near-wall desk top application.  I’ll report back when delivered.  My digital chain set up is PC>Audiophilleo 1>Border Patrol SEi DAC>LTA MZ3 pre-amp>Schiit Aegir.  The Super 3s will replace Spendor A1s (84db) that I currently have in operation (if proven a ‘better’ match up).

jmolsberg

^ very nice. Try that lta mz3 directly to the omegas for a mind-blowing experience 😉

TWINSKI66

Will do.  I have an amp switcher that’ll allow me to run the MZ3 or the Aegir.  I’ve tried the MZ3 with the A1s...not too shabby there either.  It’s crazy what 1 watt can do.:o

AvsFan

Louis from Omega does some fine one-off designs.  Maybe he could do a front ported version with the RS5 that could accommodate your corner wall requirement with aplomb.

So a month later and after a couple of conversations with Louis, that's EXACTLY what he suggested.  He knows how much I like the RS5 driver, so he is doing a dual RS5 driver in a diagonal configuration with a wide baffle SAM cabinet, port on the front. This should be one heck of a nice speaker!!!!! Will post pics once done. Just trying to figure out what finish I want to go with. 

AvsFan

That is an excellent suggestion Fireguy! I am sure Louis has custom built speakers with circumstances similar to those described by the poster and working with Louis is always a pleasure.

Always! His speakers sell themselves, but man working with him and just talking to him is so easy and always a good time. He's a great guy! All except for his taste in football teams. I told him now that the 20 year run of Patriots and the dynasty are no longer, it's time to become a Bronco fan. HAHAHA  :D Don't think I convinced him.   

AvsFan

Will do.  I have an amp switcher that’ll allow me to run the MZ3 or the Aegir.  I’ve tried the MZ3 with the A1s...not too shabby there either.  It’s crazy what 1 watt can do.:o

Yes it is. And can you imagine what doubling that power does?
2 watts per channel is even more fun!  :D
I plan on going back to tubes with this purchase. I LOVED my 2 watt Decware SuperZen.