Cornet output

Yoda

Cornet output
« on: 11 Feb 2005, 05:19 pm »
I am nearly finished building the Cornet2, and am wondering if I will need to use a pre-amp with my Decware CS-EX amplifier, which needs 2.0v to reach full output power.  The Decware has an attenuator on its inputs.  I do have a preamp, but am thinking of going hotrod.

Matt

PS--the Cornet2 is a tight fit in the steel 8x12x2" hammond case, but it seems to be working out.  The Nichicon caps on the power supply are 1.75" tall, plus 1/4" standoffs+ board thickness > 1-15/16" clear height inside.  I will space the bottom plate by 1/8" so that there is a continuous vent at the bottom of the case.

overall it is a lot of fun putting this together.  hopefully it's playing tunes this weekend...

hagtech

Cornet output
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2005, 11:48 pm »
Depends on your cartridge.  You'll probably be ok.  My advice would be to try it.  Very likely you will be able to achieve listening volumes easily.

Don't be afraid to run the volume control up.  Push it all the way to 3 or 4 o'clock if you have to.  Think of it this way, it is not really a gain control, it is an attenuator.  The less you attenuate the signal the less you screw it up.  Best attenuator is no attenuator at all.  

jh :)