Bryston BDA 3.14

Matt Cooney

Bryston BDA 3.14
« on: 5 Jan 2020, 07:23 am »
Hi, newbie here.  Looking for info on the new Bryston BDA 3.14.  Specifically, looking to confirm that it fully displaces the need for a BDP, and will play locally stored files like a BDP?  I have a BDP-1 and BDA-2.  Seems that the logical upgrade path for me would be BDA 3.14, and sell the two existing components. THanks.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Bryston BDA 3.14
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2020, 08:20 am »
Welcome Matt :thumb:

ntjetsmoke

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2020, 12:18 pm »
Welcome!

BCRich1

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2020, 01:07 pm »
Hi Matt,
It is basically a BDA-3 DAC with Network Streaming capability. So it can serve as an endpoint for Roon, you can stream Tidal or Qobuz directly to it and you can play Files that are connected to it via a USB hard drive or directly from a NAS.
I have a BDA-3 and it is superb.
Welcome to AC and Good Luck!
Mike

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2020, 01:23 pm »
Welcome to AC!

James Tanner

• Industry Contributor
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb 2020, 04:40 pm »

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston 3.14 DAC/STREAMER/PREAMP REVIEW

Music and movie streaming is becoming increasingly popular at an astonishing rate.

Introducing Bryston BDA-3.14 Streaming DAC

Streamers and streaming services have been here a while but are really now taking hold of the music and movie delivery to consumers at home and anywhere they are located using their phones or tablets.

I put off setting up streaming because (1) I have all my music on hard drives connected to OPPO BDP-105 and UDP-205 players, using a phone and tablet app that shows me a directory of the music which I can play by simply tapping on an album or track; and (2) I am not very proficient with manipulating my wireless network. This article is Part 2 of my project on showing our readers how easy it is to set up music streaming.

Bryston has released their new BDA-3.14 Streaming DAC. As the product name implies, it has a streamer combined with a built-in DAC which is capable of up to 32/384 PCM and DSD-256. For streaming, the highest resolution available is 24/192 FLAC, but you can use the separate DAC inputs for higher resolution files input from other sources.

The Bryston 3.14 hardware sounds superb with the music that I listened to from the Qobuz streaming service.

I will have a full review of the BDA-3.14 soon.

John E Johnson Jr.

christo

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2023, 03:46 am »
<sorry wrong sub-forum>

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2023, 08:54 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Matt   :thumb: