1:1 Blu-Ray Copy Software

finsup

1:1 Blu-Ray Copy Software
« on: 30 Dec 2019, 02:49 pm »
I need to make 1:1 copies of Blu-Ray discs for my son.  Ryan is special needs and loves moves, especially but not limited to Disney movies and sing-along songs.  He doesn't handle the discs well and so I'd like to make copies he can use and i can keep the master clean and free from scratches.

Ideally, it would meet the following requirements:
  • Support both Blu-ray and DVD 1:1 copy
  • Provide an option to completely copy the entire disc or movie only
  • Allow burning to local hard drive
  • Can work with Cinavia-protected moveis
  • Is supported by regular updates

Those are the things I can think of.  Right now, I have not made the move to 3D, 4K or UHD so those capabilities are not needed.  I am familiar with DVDFab and Blue-Cloner.  I know most people stream or rip using something like MakeMKV but in this case, a 1:1 copy to a blank disc is needed and I'd like to ask what kind of software or other solution you might recommend.

WGH

Re: 1:1 Blu-Ray Copy Software
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2019, 05:03 pm »
My brother's TV plays .mkv files from a USB thumbdrive, I was surprised TV's have evolved to natively play that compressed format. No need for a computer, HDMI cable, Blu-ray player or disks.

1:1 copy's to a disk may not be possible, 1080p Blu-ray rips can be 45 GB or more, a 2160p DTS-HD MA, TrueHD 7.1 Atmos rip of Blade Runner 2049 clocks in at 75 GB.

WC

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2019, 07:01 pm »
Not so sure that many Blu-ray players can play any of the rewritable blu-ray media. You should probably check that first.

finsup

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2020, 02:30 pm »
My brother's TV plays .mkv files from a USB thumbdrive, I was surprised TV's have evolved to natively play that compressed format. No need for a computer, HDMI cable, Blu-ray player or disks.

1:1 copy's to a disk may not be possible, 1080p Blu-ray rips can be 45 GB or more, a 2160p DTS-HD MA, TrueHD 7.1 Atmos rip of Blade Runner 2049 clocks in at 75 GB.

Thanks.  My son lives in a group home.  I'm pretty sure the TV there does not have a USB port but, did not know about TVs being able to play .mkv files. 

Not so sure that many Blu-ray players can play any of the rewritable blu-ray media. You should probably check that first.

Thank you.  He has DVD movies too.  Do you think I will encounter the same problem with that format and those discs?