Newb xls question

Stilgore

Newb xls question
« on: 9 Dec 2019, 11:58 pm »
Hello.

I've been lurking for awhile but thought I would finally jump in and try my hand at building.

I know I saw somewhere that I could order a flat pack to start my xls build but I cant find the info.
Would someone mind giving me the contact?  Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks,
Stil

Jmitchell3

Stilgore

Re: Newb xls question
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2019, 02:00 am »
Thanks for the info.

Says I dont have access to that section but I just got on the forums

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2019, 02:20 am »
Hello.

I've been lurking for awhile but thought I would finally jump in and try my hand at building.

I know I saw somewhere that I could order a flat pack to start my xls build but I cant find the info.
Would someone mind giving me the contact?  Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks,
Stil

Stil, that would be me, I suspect. See my seemingly epic thread with links to videos here:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=150120.0

PM me here or better yet carbidewing@gmail.com

I think 3 posts gets you the keys to the kingdom.

Gearguy

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2019, 02:40 am »
Stilgore,

Peter's flat pack is as close to perfect as you could wish for. I am in the final build stage, just put the sealing primer (B-I-N) on. Can't wait to hear them.

The parts are cut perfectly, and the braces fit exactly. I even got a used router w/table to put the radii on the edges.

The entire build process has been fun. Although I am sure my final product won't look anywhere as good as some, (especially Peter's), they will sound just as good thanks to Danny's design. The joy and accomplishment is in the doing.

Stilgore

« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2019, 05:37 am »
Great. I'll email you tomorrow