Sonos Replacement?

Stu Pitt

Re: Sonos Replacement?
« Reply #20 on: 13 Nov 2019, 08:21 pm »
The website you shared has refurbished 2is for $420 which is a $130 off of retail. That is a solid deal.
I was going to buy the refurbished 2i, but to the best of my understanding the main differences are better WiFi and the analog output is better. I’ve heard the 2i’s analog out through several systems and prefer my Rega DAC by a good amount. And I’m running Ethernet to it, so both reasons to go with the 2i over the 2 won’t get me anything. If I decide to use the 2 with my M-Audio BX5s or BX8s with wifi instead of my main system, I’ll probably get a 2i. Refurbished from Safe and Sound.

BTW for those that remember them, Safe and Sound took over for Spearit Sound when the owner retired. I had a great experience with Safe and Sound with the Node 2 and my Parasound Zpre3 I bought a few months beforehand; and a few friends who’ve bought from them did as well. Spearit Sound was great, and I the Safe and Sound stepped right in without missing a beat. Hopefully they’ll continue it. I have no connection to them, just sharing my experience for anyone who’s interested.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Sonos Replacement?
« Reply #21 on: 13 Nov 2019, 09:16 pm »
I remember Spearit Sound, and was saddened to learn it had shut down. I didn't know about Safe and Sound HQ till now. Thanks for the heads up.