(SOLD) Salk Song 3 for sale in Arizona/Southwest area

Brian D

I have a pair of Song 3's for sale, they are in a curly walnut veneer with espresso finish.  I received these in March of 2018, and I figure I have about 200 hours of playing time.  I listen at moderate levels, and the speakers have never been abused.  They are standard except for dual binding posts.  Non smoking household, and I would rate the condition at a conservative 9.5/10, if there's any defects I haven't seen them and i've looked them over pretty carefully.  They are wonderful speakers, and I'm not selling to buy anything else, I just don't listen often and priorities are changing.  <EDIT>  I just did a close inspection of them today and they look flawless. 

I am in Prescott Arizona, and would be willing to travel 3-4 hours to meet someone to sell them.  If you would like to hear them first then you will have to come to Prescott.  I'm sorry but I won't ship, and I no longer have the shipping boxes for them.

I've taken some pictures where they are set up. if you are interested in seeing more please PM me and I'll take pictures of details. <EDIT> Better pics coming this weekend.

I'm asking $2250. (SOLD) If the veneer is to your liking you can have a like new pair with no waiting.  Thanks all!

« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2019, 03:02 am by Brian D »

Single Malt

Re: Salk Song 3 for sale in Arizona/Southwest area
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2019, 01:41 pm »
Man!  The finish on those is so beautiful.  GLWTS. :thumb:

Brian D

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2019, 10:43 pm »
Thanks!  They are beautiful, Jim and his team are amazing artisans.

As promised, some more pictures. These are in direct sunlight so the color is a bit washed out, but it shows the grain pattern well.

« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2019, 05:21 pm by Brian D »

Brian D

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2019, 03:42 am »
Up for price reduction.

Brian D

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2019, 09:27 pm »
A few nibble, but no bites yet.  Little more price drop.

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2019, 02:09 am »
Hi,

I was lucky enough to buy a pair of song3's secondhand here in Australia. Mine look almost exactly the same as yours.  I've had a number of Salk Sound speakers over the years including HT2's and HT3's and a rhythmic subwoofer.  I'm almost tempted to say the song3's sound better than the HT2's.  I certainly know the bass is deeper.

Buying direct from Salk Sound you get so much more speaker for your dollar.  Salk Sound consult with Dennis Murphy who is a great speaker designer.  Anyway, good luck with the sale.

Cheers Rod

Brian D

« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2019, 05:27 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Rod!

RonN5

« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2019, 05:34 pm »
These Song 3s are being offered at 35% below the price of a new pair...so most of the depreciation is out of the way..and even if you buy new, your going to pay to shipping so these are a stone cold bargain at $2250.

Where else are you going to find speakers at this price that not only look fantastic which will put a smile on your face every time you walk by....but also have the incredible RAAL tweeter?

I already own a pair of Salk Veracity STs....otherwise, I would be buying these speakers!

Rocket

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2019, 12:40 pm »
Hi Guys,

I've read a lot about the RAAL tweeter but until recently I had never heard one.  I have a pair of HT3's which use the Aurum Cantus ribbon tweeter.  Certainly a very good quality speaker and a nice tweeter.  To my ears the RAAL doesn't sound like a ribbon tweeter at all.  It seems to combine the best of a ribbon and dome tweeter.

When I bought my speaker it was being powered by a very nice McIntosh Integrated amplifier.

Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers Rod

Brian D

Re: (SOLD) Salk Song 3 for sale in Arizona/Southwest area
« Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2019, 03:03 am »
Deposit has been received, speakers are sold.  Thanks for all the nice comments folks, I do appreciate it!

Cary1

Re: (SOLD) Salk Song 3 for sale in Arizona/Southwest area
« Reply #10 on: 23 Dec 2019, 10:23 pm »
Just want to post feedback on what a wonderful seller Brian is.  He drove four hours to meet me, the speakers were in perfect condition, and he was great to communicate with.