Tool

trianglezerius

Tool
« on: 29 Aug 2019, 03:35 pm »
Have you guys seen the new Tool album is out finally? It looks like it is going to be Qobuz soon and you can hear the the first track only right now. The long wait is finally over.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Tool
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2019, 03:53 pm »
Not only that, but all their back albums are available on Qobuz now too.  For a long time these works weren't available on any streaming platform.  Not sure if it's on Tidal as I only do Qobuz.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2019, 08:58 pm »
Their hi-rez streams on Qobuz sound fantastic.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2019, 09:46 pm »
I’m eagerly awaiting my CD in the mail from Music Direct. I think I snatched up one of the last pre-orders anywhere. Everyone else was sold out, and I saw eBay prices over $100.

Seems like very cool packaging. LCD screen, 3 watt stereo with speakers. No idea how exactly it’s going to be. FedEx tracking says Tuesday delivery.

nrenter

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2019, 09:50 pm »
I have 2 copies on the way from Music Direct. :)

SlushPuppy

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2019, 10:13 pm »

8)

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2019, 11:30 pm »
Have you guys seen the new Tool album is out finally? The long wait is finally over.

It's only been 4868 days since the 10,000 days was release. I'd say they are way ahead of schedule!  :D

displayname

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2019, 01:02 am »
My copy should be here tomorrow! I'm debating between streaming it right away, or waiting until the album arrives.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #8 on: 30 Aug 2019, 01:10 am »
My copy should be here tomorrow! I'm debating between streaming it right away, or waiting until the album arrives.
I was thinking the same thing. I’m waiting.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2019, 01:12 am »
Why two? One to open and listen to, and the other to keep packaged up as a collectible?

jriggy

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2019, 02:23 am »
Just got my shipping/delivery email for tomorrow!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2019, 06:41 am »
Interestingly, I just today noticed a car’s rear window had a Tool sticker. Since I am utterly unfamiliar with Tool (till I saw this thread), it meant nothing to me.

PeteG

« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2019, 11:47 am »
Tidal has their previous albums but not the newest one. Qubuz streaming 24-96 for the new album does sound good.

nrenter

« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2019, 04:22 pm »
Why two? One to open and listen to, and the other to keep packaged up as a collectible?

You got it. One copy is "out for delivery". #excited

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2019, 05:04 pm »
"The Grudge" is still one of my reference tracks to see how well a system can handle intense music, and it's ability to rock out.  Just an epic track.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #15 on: 31 Aug 2019, 11:26 pm »
You got it. One copy is "out for delivery". #excited
I was going to do the same thing. I had 2 in my cart, saw the price, and started asking myself why pay about $90 for two copies of the same CD. And started thinking everyone else is probably going to keep at least one copy all sealed up and try to sell down the road.

In hindsight, I probably should’ve bought 2.

trianglezerius

« Reply #16 on: 1 Sep 2019, 12:23 pm »
I don't see the actual CD for sale any where would someone have a link to it?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #17 on: 1 Sep 2019, 02:13 pm »
There are only two stores that sell CDs where I live, one of them is Walmart. I was in the A/V dept on Friday and asked a young man if they had the new Tool CD as it was being released today, he said I would find all their tools in the tool dept.  :?

The other store that carries CDs is London Drugs. I asked an elderly lady in their A/V dept the the same question; she said I was the fourth person to ask her that today and she couldn’t understand why they don’t have it.

displayname

« Reply #18 on: 1 Sep 2019, 03:55 pm »
I don't see the actual CD for sale any where would someone have a link to it?
Most of the pre-sales were sold out within a few days, and most brick & mortar stores only had a few copies. Once word got out that 4 versions of packaging existed, resale prices started to spike and people were trying to get multiple copies from anywhere with remaining stock.

I’d call around to any local stores, but you might be subject to the resale market at this point.

trianglezerius

« Reply #19 on: 1 Sep 2019, 04:56 pm »
Most of the pre-sales were sold out within a few days, and most brick & mortar stores only had a few copies. Once word got out that 4 versions of packaging existed, resale prices started to spike and people were trying to get multiple copies from anywhere with remaining stock.

I’d call around to any local stores, but you might be subject to the resale market at this point.

Thx for shedding some light on my question.