JVC F10+JVC Speakers opinions

dwn4crwn

« on: 4 Feb 2005, 02:31 pm »
Hi all...

I'm a total newb to the world of audio and would appreciate some help.  I found this site a few days ago and have been reading chairman's thread on the F10.  I think it sounds like a great reciever to go along with my dvd player.

Anyhow, I was offered a $650 JVC speaker system (the SX XD33 speakers and SX DW303 subwoofer) for $300 and would have to buy the F10 separately for roughly $250.  Total would be roughly $550.  The reason for the cheap speakers was they were being sold separately from the receiver.

The speakers and subwoofers are from last year i believe.  The speakers seem to have the same specs as the newer sx-xd55 speakers and the sub woofer I like mostly because it has a wood finish and would match my furniture.  It also seems to have similar specs to the sp-dwf10.

The store manager told me that the JVC speakers were comparable with Bose speakers, but I couldn't hear the JVC ones since they were not hooked up at the time.

The system is for my living room wich is 20x15 feet.  I really dont want to spend to much cash and felt this setup might be alright.  If there are reccomendations for better speakers, i might be willing to shed more cash.

any thoughts?  Is there a 6 speaker system or other systems with a comparable price\deal?

thanks in advance for any help.

MonkeyK

Re: JVC F10+JVC Speakers opinions
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2005, 03:08 pm »
Quote from: dwn4crwn

The store manager told me that the JVC speakers were comparable with Bose speakers, but I couldn't hear the JVC ones since they were not hooked up at the time.

The store manager wasn't willing to swap some speakers for you?  IMO either the store manager is lazy, or does not want you to see the whole picture.

kck

« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2005, 05:17 pm »
Store managers can be butts. HOW-EVERRRRR, at mass market places this type of behavior may actually signal a good deal (as the price is low enough that he doesn't want to to put any effort into the sale). Or not... just a feeling I get sometimes.

I  googled the speakers and although they look nice, there is no US info that I could find. The speaks (sans SW) showed one price of over 500 Euros which, by pure translation, means you have a screamingly good price, but sometimes stuff gets more expensive over the pond so this is not necessarily a good yardstick.

But speaks + SW for $350... will he let you return them? I can't see how you could go too far wrong.  They are probably decent.

Melchizedekian

I Got 'em.
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2005, 12:35 am »
I had faith in JVC's speakers 'cause I bought this system years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005B9A0/ref=olp_product_details/104-8890256-5816760?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Now audiophiles would cringe looking at that thing ( I am not an audiophile - just a solid trombone player) - but I would dare anyone to listen to it with their eyes closed and then describe the system. The most noticable thing was it's unbelievable 3D imagery and crossover smoothness.  For a bedroom - it was created.

Due to this experience - when I ran across a set  of sx-xd55 speakers with the accompanying subwoofer in a jury rigged set-up at a liquidation place - I jumped.
http://www.kieskeurig.nl/nl/product.nsf/reviewlist/53FC500A0D167BE0C1256E7A005F48EB.htm

These speakers, like their little brothers are great.  They play classic guitar, brass and piano with fantastic clarity - but the big deal is that they sit exactly at ear level with no speaker stands required and in a true surround set-up create a sound field that just makes me laugh every time I watch The Incredibles in Dolby Surround 5.1 EX.  These speakers are big in Germany - and they look cool as heck.

I know I'm late in responding - but hopefully someone else will benefit when Sears starts liquidating their QP-F80AL systems.  Does anyone else out there own these?  PLEASE chime in.

Matched to the RX-F10S you are talking about - you'll be set for a lot of enjoyment - it is going to take ten years for the DVD media to catch up and pass the decoders it has.  Just how many of you have a DVD disk to take advantage of DTS-ES 96/24 anyway?  Do it.  You just can't touch the value. http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:JVC%20RX-F10S%20Receiver:1991610537:page=details;_ylt=AnVroFKc9OP_iNnv0NLg8LLgSHAD;_ylu=X3oDMTA5ZW01N2htBHNlYwNiZ3NpYg--