asus stxII HTPC build bass management

goodguys

asus stxII HTPC build bass management
« on: 23 Aug 2019, 07:19 am »
Hi And thanks for reading this thread.

I have an asus stx II pc soundcard. In 7.1 and 5.1 mode the soundcard chops off the bass and sends it to the bass output on the daughter card.
In stereo and 4 channel, it also chops off the bass, but i cannot find where it sends the bass to.
I have tried all the outputs but cannot find the bass anywhere. Have tried the official asus drivers and also the ones from maxed tech.
Any advice please

Many thanks

mojave

Re: asus stxII HTPC build bass management
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2019, 02:07 pm »
I also have the Asus Essence STX II. In fact, I'm using the SPDIF output right now to an audio processor for some testing.

If you have 2 or 4 channel output and Flexbass is on, then all you are doing is putting a high pass filter on the speakers. The bass isn't redirected anywhere. You have to use a 5.1 or 7.1 output format in order to route the bass to a subwoofer. Turn Flexbass off and the speakers will get the fullrange signal.

I use JRiver Media Center as my playback software and leave the STX II in 7.1 mode and use JRiver for bass management.

goodguys

Re: asus stxII HTPC build bass management
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2019, 06:57 am »
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Is there any way around it you can think of. I have an active subwoofer for the bass and the surround speakers are all small midrange type units not capable of handling any real bass so sending the bass to the front and back speakers is not really an option.

Many thanks