BP2 MC20 + PS3 PS Remote Trigger

kristian85

BP2 MC20 + PS3 PS Remote Trigger
« on: 11 Aug 2019, 05:45 am »
Hi,
Last night was the first trial of my new BP2 MC + PS3, replacing a Ray Samuels Audio F-117 Nighthawk phono pre. It was a substantial upgrade; more power (seemingly unlimited), more clarity, no restrictions or muddling of complex passages; just transparent, sweet, powerful. I'm thrilled. It is a superb phono preamplifier.

Regarding the trigger, I have a 2BSST run directly by a Benchmark DAC2L, currently operated by a trigger from the DAC2; when I run remote trigger wires from the PS3 "PS3 On" outputs to the 2B trigger inputs, and wires from the 2B output to the bi-directional DAC2 input, all I get are flashing orange lights on the 2B. I gather the BP2 cannot be turned on remotely. I checked wires several times; it was connected correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks-

Kristian

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BP2 MC20 + PS3 PS Remote Trigger
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2019, 06:16 pm »
Hi,
Last night was the first trial of my new BP2 MC + PS3, replacing a Ray Samuels Audio F-117 Nighthawk phono pre. It was a substantial upgrade; more power (seemingly unlimited), more clarity, no restrictions or muddling of complex passages; just transparent, sweet, powerful. I'm thrilled. It is a superb phono preamplifier.

Regarding the trigger, I have a 2BSST run directly by a Benchmark DAC2L, currently operated by a trigger from the DAC2; when I run remote trigger wires from the PS3 "PS3 On" outputs to the 2B trigger inputs, and wires from the 2B output to the bi-directional DAC2 input, all I get are flashing orange lights on the 2B. I gather the BP2 cannot be turned on remotely. I checked wires several times; it was connected correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks-

Kristian

Hi Kristian

Glad you are enjoying the Bryston Phono stage - it really is state of the art.

Email Mike on your trigger question.

mpickett@bryston.com

james

kristian85

Re: BP2 MC20 + PS3 PS Remote Trigger
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2019, 07:34 pm »
James,

Thanks, will do.

Best,

Kristian