New member looking for help on this sight

rushfan71

New member looking for help on this sight
« on: 1 Jul 2019, 02:51 pm »
Hello everyone. My name is John and I am from Massachusetts. I am a member of Audiogon as well as US Audio Mart with 100% positive feedback. I was bit by the audio bug way back some 40 yrs ago when the father of a friend I went to school with had a stereo system with these speakers on pedestal called Bose 901. I know I know, they were Bose and I was just a kid. Boy have I learned ALOT since those days! No offense to any Bose fans out there.
I enjoy trying out all kinds of components. Some hang around and some move on, but I still love discussing what others have thought about certain pieces they've tried over the years. I keep contact with several people who I have bought from or sold to over the years. I found you meet the most interesting people in this passion of ours. Hopefully I will find that same experience here.
Thanks for looking. John

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: New member looking for help on this sight
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2019, 05:42 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC John   :thumb:  I think you'll find lots of folks to converse with on just about any topic or gear you might desire.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2019, 05:47 pm »
Welcome to A/C.

I loved my 901s back in the 80s, and I don't care who knows it.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2019, 05:56 pm »
Welcome!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jul 2019, 06:38 pm »
Welcome to AC!

Bose has stood the test of time and despite what anyone thinks of their products, they have satisfied many a proud owner. According to their 2017 annual report they had 3.8 billion USD in revenue!  :o

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 3 Jul 2019, 09:09 am »
Wow this is a lot of Bose.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #7 on: 3 Jul 2019, 10:04 am »
Welcome from another old fart (50 years around audio).  Nice that you had cool friends way back.  I grew up on a farm and the closest I got to high-end sound was a neighbor lady who had a console and listened to Englebert Humperdinck.   :green:

Now I have a dedicated/designed listening room with a nice simple system.  So do share, what would like help with in particular?
« Last Edit: 3 Jul 2019, 12:25 pm by JLM »

rushfan71

« Reply #8 on: 3 Jul 2019, 04:36 pm »
If I said  "After The Loving" wasn't in my mothers rotation I'd be lying....Thanks for reply. This is an interesting sight. I've never seen so many security entries before posting anything or the waiting period for access but OK  I'm game. I've also never heard of this sight before. Honestly I was led here by searching for some used Tekton Double Impacts for sale. I'm glad I did. Hopefully Ill get the nod soon to start exploring. John