User comments on 626R

BobMajor

User comments on 626R
« on: 1 Feb 2005, 06:46 pm »
I've had my new 626R Signature Edition speakers now for 2 weeks. I've played them about 250 hours to break them in. This was necessary because of Bybee quantum purifiers that I had added to the positive driver terminals and on the negative side at the crossover.

Up until now I've only listened on headphones: Sennheiser HD600 with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable powered by Headroom Max with 2004 reference module. This is the Mercedes of headphone systems which delivers a beautiful smooth sound with extremely impressive soundstage.

I didn't know what to expect after being pampered with my headphone setup. The sound from the 626Rs had been improving daily. Finally yesterday it was as if a storm blew though and all the clouds and haze disappeared. The soundstage became crystal clear: wide, deep and high. Every instrument had it place with great space around it. It's so fulfilling to have a huge, detailed soundstage. I can't thank Brian enough for this great achievement and gift.

Best wishes,
Bob Major

John Casler

Re: User comments on 626R
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2005, 06:55 pm »
Quote from: BobMajor
 I didn't know what to expect after being pampered with my headphone setup. The sound from the 626Rs had been improving daily. Finally yesterday it was as if a storm blew though and all the clouds and haze disappeared. The soundstage became crystal clear: wide, deep and high. Every instrument had it place with great space around it. It's so fulfilling to have a huge, detailed soundstage. I can't thank Brian enough for this great achievement and gift.

Hi Bob,

Congratulations,

Sonic Epiphanies are the norm with the 626R BCSE.

I have pretty much the same set up and am amazed at how it sounds.

While the bass response of that speaker is quite special, I added Four LARGER Subs to the mix in Push/Pull configuration and found that it moves from "World Class" stand mount, to "World Class" any category system.

And your comments about sizing, staging and imaging are spot on (sweet spot that is :mrgreen: )

Wayne1

User comments on 626R
« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2005, 07:32 pm »
Bob,

I am really glad that your 626Rs are breaking in.

You do have a very special, one-of-a-kind pair.

I believe Bob was the first person to get the new Maple cabinets from MLS.

His speakers were also totally wired with all BOLDER Cable wiring. He has a Silver Slipstream Bybee on his FST tweeter and Large Bybees on the mid and woofs and one on the negative speaker input.

If you ever get the chance, I am sure everyone here would love to see a picture of your speakers.

Cheers,
Wayne

Marbles

User comments on 626R
« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2005, 07:34 pm »
I have had speakers rewired with Bolder Nitro wiring, and I have 626R's (standard wire).  It must be a real treat to listen to that pair.

John Casler

User comments on 626R
« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2005, 09:20 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
 If you ever get the chance, I am sure everyone here would love to see a picture of your speakers.

Cheers,
Wayne

Yes, please post a photo if you can so we can put it in the Photo sticky.

We have RM40s, LRC's and 626Rs in that finish.