OK, worked literally all night last night (takes 10 - 11 hrs to finish) and dropped them off at SWA cargo in the morning to ship the speakers to the customer, he drove quite a bit to the airport and picked them up, opened up the box and is pissed and wants to return them... doesn't even want to listen to them..so, guess they are available...
- x-over on the bottom vibrated loose..which can happen, and no, this shouldn't happen but unfortunately it did...not really an issue as there are 4 screws to hold this down onto the bottom , pushing down onto foam for vibration control
- this is a custom Pau Ferro veneer job..looks fantastic and was quite expensive, but it is a custom and handmade job by David from Timber Creek designs with a quite thick wood veneer, and I guess the customer wanted to have industrial exact computer cuts, which they are not, of course...
- and yes, I understand that he is upset because there were delays in getting the parts together, and they are about 3 weeks + late..nothing I could do other than offering a ridiculous deal....
So, this is the back story for the return...shit happens.
However, I do need to recover my cost though, and thus, and most of you know that this is very rare, I have this return for sale...well, actually brand new. At cost. Regular cost with all of the goodies is $ 5,600. Need to get 3k+.
Call me at 317 299 5578 if interested.
Kismets are the same iteration of those that received best at Axpona awards last month :
- fully loaded and full Sonex foam / stuffed on bottom of the cabinets
- Groneberg Quattro Reference all around
- coil upgrade in the x-over
- come with cones
- as above, with the $ 900. custom veneer