NEW ZenWave PSR-14 UPOCC Silver Ribbon Power Cable

jtcf

Re: NEW ZenWave PSR-14 UPOCC Silver Ribbon Power Cable
« Reply #80 on: 30 Nov 2020, 06:09 pm »
 :green: :green: :green: :bounce:

jtcf

« Reply #81 on: 26 Jan 2021, 07:21 pm »
Just a quick update. USPS had me a bit stressed when tracking showed it out for delivery and returned to the warehouse again and again, but it arrived unscathed ten days late.After it's long trip it very obviously did not perform fabulously right out of the box as the demo had(which arrived in three days time). Between 25 - 30hrs it began to open up and after around 100hrs it's maybe 75% there.Nonetheless it still sounds like a major component upgrade, just outstanding.Even on less than stellar recordings it's all the more enjoyable to clearly hear what went wrong and how (armchair recording engineer, lol!) I would have made different choices. The timbre and tone are always spot on and the emotion comes through, always.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #82 on: 27 Jan 2021, 12:04 am »
Hi jtcf, thanks for the update!

I also get a little stressed about delivery these days, USPS seems like they caught up after the holidays but they are still running late sometimes. It is much better though, I've see about 1 week delays recently while it used to be much longer.

I am working on ways to fully burn-in cables before shipping them. It will involve a mechanical de-stressing procedure as well as electrical burn-in. My AudioDharma high-power cooker works, but shipping seems to set the cables back quite a bit. Over time demo cables seem to be less effected by shipping and they stay burned-in much better, so I think the mecahnical aspect of burn-in hasn't been recognized by many folks and needs to be accounted for.