Corsair Sliders

Mag

Corsair Sliders
« on: 11 Apr 2019, 04:12 pm »
Bought 2 more Corsairs Slider X1 256 gigs each. The idea is to consolidate all my favorite music from other jump drives. Also have 2 other Sliders that I have been using that are full.

I use music jump drives with my computer, Bryston BDP-1 and Yamaha BD-a1060. I like the Slider because I hear a warmer sound, other jump drives tend to have what I call 'neutral sound'. Has a 5 year warranty so it's not junk that's gonna break and should be dependable music storage 'til I kick the bucket.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
Re: Corsair Sliders
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2019, 06:54 pm »

Interesting. Just what I need ... I think. I read a few reviews and, since I’m not like a smart person, there was a criticism I didn’t understand:

“Performance of the drive was acceptable in sequential read, where we found it capable of 150 MB/s. Write results however, weren't too friendly to the Slider, topping out at 22 MB/s.”

https://www.tweaktown.com/

What does that mean, “Write results however, weren't too friendly to the Slider, topping out at 22 MB/s.”??

Befuddled,
Lester

charmerci

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2019, 03:35 pm »
Can the moderator put this into the Discless Circle?

I thought the Corsair Sliders were a musical group!  :lol:

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2019, 04:30 pm »
Interesting. Just what I need ... I think. I read a few reviews and, since I’m not like a smart person, there was a criticism I didn’t understand:

“Performance of the drive was acceptable in sequential read, where we found it capable of 150 MB/s. Write results however, weren't too friendly to the Slider, topping out at 22 MB/s.”

What does that mean, “Write results however, weren't too friendly to the Slider, topping out at 22 MB/s.”??

Befuddled,
Lester

I don't know, I usually create a digital file taking the wav file from a cd-r. So haven't encountered write speed problems. Nor have I noticed any slowdown on playback.

USB 3.0 seems to be compatible with 2.0 as I have had no problems there either. :smoke:

randytsuch

« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2019, 06:08 pm »

Befuddled,
Lester

Means that it may take a while to write all of your files to the Slider.
Would not be a big deal to me, you select the songs you like, and then move them over, and go do something.  Come back after a while, and make sure all the music got copied over.

When you play music, you will be reading, so the write speeds don't matter for listening to music.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2019, 07:22 pm »
Means that it may take a while to write all of your files to the Slider.
Would not be a big deal to me, you select the songs you like, and then move them over, and go do something.  Come back after a while, and make sure all the music got copied over.

When you play music, you will be reading, so the write speeds don't matter for listening to music.

Ok, thanks all. That’s not a problem then just as long as it’s not downsizing and turning a FLAC or Wave file into something smaller.