Welcome to Soulard!!!!

pjchappy

Welcome to Soulard!!!!
« on: 29 Jan 2005, 01:22 am »
Get home from work today, about an hour ago. . .I find out my upstairs neighbor, a 21 year old pharmacy school student, got broken into. . .b/w 10:00 and 1:30 this afternoon!!!!

Scary shit. . .she got her door kicked in, they rummaged through everything, stole jewelry, etc. . . .

Amazing, I live 1 block from McGurk's.  The area is PACKED w/ people for lunch. . .

She is likely to move home as a result.  My landlord says this is the first time he's had experience w/ this and he's lived down here for 12 years.

Some of you will roll your eyes at this, but, I feel a BIT better, due to my 2nd Amendment rights. . .at least I'll feel safe when I'm actually here. . .

p

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Welcome to Soulard!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2005, 04:21 am »
Sorry to say this but......This does not sound like such a great place to live..... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=14561&highlight=soulard

electricbear

soulard
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2005, 05:47 pm »
Sorry to hear of your recent unpleasant experiences in soulard. If the level of crime is so high I'd get the hell out of there. Come on over to St Peters, you can leave your house unlocked car running etc with no worries. I may have a bit of a commute but I don't need free running rattlesnakes to keep my home safe from intruders.

rosconey

Welcome to Soulard!!!!
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2005, 05:50 pm »
find a 120lb roommate who bites strangers and is loyal-i have 2 and only the most strung out crack head would have the balls to enter my home,not sure he would be able to leave without lots of help :mrgreen: and bandages.

Scott F.

Welcome to Soulard!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2005, 06:07 pm »
I like rosconey's suggestion of something like a Mastif :mrgreen:  That will defiantely keep the prowlers at bay. It's that or maybe it's time for a good old fashion alarm system (for the house and your new car).

Tims suggestion of St Peters works too. Much like the St Charles area, the Eureka/Pacific area is extremely safe.

Good luck!