A return to LMS - PiCorePlayer!

mcgsxr

A return to LMS - PiCorePlayer!
« on: 3 Apr 2019, 02:10 pm »
I had been using a hacked Pogoplug as a player in my Logitech Media Server environment.  That plug bricked around 5 months ago.

I bought a Focal APTX bluetooth adapter to get music going quickly.

I went back and read a lot about Pi's as Squeezelite players.

Found a guy selling a Pi with a Hifiberry Digi+ for sale.

Managed to get PiCorePlayer loaded up on the microSD card and its up and running.

I know that folks prefer the Allo Signature for HAT over the Hifiberry.

Is there a preferred Squeezelite s/w, or will they all work fine for my application?

Have the Pi feeding my Bolder modded Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11, and happy with the DAC.

Thanks!

JohnR

Re: A return to LMS - PiCorePlayer!
« Reply #1 on: 4 Apr 2019, 03:47 pm »
Cool. I never used PiCorePlayer, LMS seems to be its own "ecosystem". When you say "preferred Squeezelite s/w" do you mean the sofware running on the Pi?

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 4 Apr 2019, 04:17 pm »
Yes John I should have been clearer.

I have PiCore running fine.

I wonder if other Pi s/w (but only those compatible with Logitech Media Server) would be “better”?

Shakeydeal

« Reply #3 on: 4 Apr 2019, 04:55 pm »
I have been running picoreplayer on an Allo Digione for quite some time and like it very much. I am using sqzctrl on an Android device as a controller. The only gripe I have is I can't figure out how to access master tracks on Tidal using this configuration. I have searched far and wide, and no one seems to have the answer.

chip

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2019, 07:47 pm »
Yes John I should have been clearer.

I have PiCore running fine.

I wonder if other Pi s/w (but only those compatible with Logitech Media Server) would be “better”?

I am not aware of any ones that work with LMS. I use PiCore with this LMS plugin https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109624-Announce-Material-Skin to control it from my Iphone. Great combo!