Member Introduction

Musicman262

Member Introduction
« on: 7 Mar 2019, 06:02 pm »
Hello all. I'm Jeff. My home is in Maynard, MA. I've been involved in this crazy hi-fi hobby/addiction for over 50 years now. I've also been a semi-pro musician since my teens. My now deceased brother in law gave me my first guitar on my 7th birthday and I've been playing(or trying to) ever since. I am a retired programmer/system analyst primarily on IBM midrange systems(AS400). My primary system which I've downsized since my retirement, includes Vandersteen 1c, NuForce STA-200 amp, as well as a newly acquired AVA Transcendence 10 SL preamp(which was a GREAT addition to my system. All my cabling is Morrow Audio MA4 and SP4. I just rolled a pair of Amperex gold pin 7308s into the T10 and the results are fantastic. I bought the 7308s about 18 years ago for a tube CD deck I had at the time, but shortly after buying the tubes, I sold the deck. So they were essentially new and in storage for the past 18 years. I was shocked to go on line and see these now selling for $200 each!!! If I remember correctly, I paid about $60 each back in 2001. Anyway, hello everyone, I'm glad to be a member of this circle.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2019, 10:07 pm »
Welcome Jeff :thumb:
I had operated AS400 black box in the 1990s until 1998, its was a very interesting hybrid software. Here an 1982 Power DOS/VSE

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2019, 01:13 am »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2019, 03:11 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Jeff   :thumb: 

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven