Kiaora from aotearoa(New Zealand) DAC 10 and ST 10 faulty

Audiofoolery369

Hello guys , im a noob but happy to engage in great banter about this love of sound.
Currently I have a DAC 10 and ST10 which when we initially setup with my totem hawks sounded great, with my hsu uls 15 ,wow but running full range got me worried watching those scanspeak revelators pumping , well I was amazed at their speed and stroke.
BUT the sound after a while sounded flat and noticed the tweeter on the right was not working so I changed a rear speaker ( totem hawk) and another blew so am worried as we just bought of another person in good faith and I wonder if anyone has a viewpoint. We have it with the dealer here who loves nuprime and awaiting his report but we hope we can get this fixed as we were told it was only 8 months old so we are here as new blood but we appreciate the forum and hopefully friendships made, thanks guys and look forward to hearing from you soon and talking.
Regards
Shane

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Kiaora from aotearoa(New Zealand) DAC 10 and ST 10 faulty
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2019, 01:00 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Shane   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2019, 02:32 am »
Welcome!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2019, 10:06 pm »
Welcome Shane :thumb:

Audiofoolery369

« Reply #4 on: 6 Mar 2019, 04:01 am »
 Than you guys , I hope to have some great dialogue with you all, well some at least, thanks for the welcome, I'd love to hear more about the nuprime dac and power amps,
My setup at this time is a

Anthem MRX500
Panasonic ub820
Apple 4ktv
Nuprime DAC 10
Nuprime ST 10
Silnote morpheous ref II IC
ZU audio Libtec speaker cables
Wireworld optical cable
kLEI jumper cables

Having some issues but the guys here have started a process to assist,I hear Jason and his team are great guys who love their work.
Cheers

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2019, 11:23 am »
Welcome!

Note that drivers typically don't noticeably "stroke" at moderate volume levels.  How big is your room, how far away from the speakers are you sitting, what's your usual volume setting, and what dB (use a sound pressure level meter to measure) do you listen at?  Seems like your blowing drivers from over driving the amps into distortion (called "clipping") which drivers, especially tweeters, "hate". 

And keep in mind that extended exposure to 85 dB or higher will result in permanent hearing loss and possible ringing of the ears/pain (called tinnitus).  I use hearing protection when mowing the lawn to avoid hearing aids and tinnitus.