Hello from Okla

man00

Hello from Okla
« on: 27 Feb 2019, 02:32 pm »
Howdy, I been around for a long while and I guess I'm what some call old school. I have some JBL L100Ts, 230's and some JBL center.
My AV is a Pioneer VSX-1131, which to me was like looking at my first computer back in the early 80's..but I'm picking it up. My past stuff was Sansui AU-717, Yamaha 70's amp..No more higher end shops around here so its hard to keep up with newer items. IMO the newer speakers seem to get lots of sound out of smaller packages than they use to. Not the receivers or at least the ones I heard of today are no match for the older ones for as power and true sound..Glad to be here and thanks

Phil A

Re: Hello from Okla
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2019, 03:30 pm »
Welcome!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2019, 04:43 pm »
Welcome Man00 :thumb:
I like receivers, they were great to listen AM and SW, I remember I had an Sony STR12BS AM-FM and the previous model STR11 was even better as it had SW and was less expensive than the STR12.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2019, 10:07 pm by FullRangeMan »

dbeau

« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2019, 09:46 pm »
Welome Man00
I am in OKC and too find it very sorely missing a true hi-end audio store with Magnolia/Best Buy being the substitute so on-line seems to be our best option other than Texas or maybe Tulsa - which I haven't tried.  Again, Welcome