Streaming through Amazon Fire 8 keeps stopping

Bsmooth

• Bruce or Bsmooth
Streaming through Amazon Fire 8 keeps stopping
« on: 21 Feb 2019, 06:01 pm »
I'm new to tablets, so is there a way to Stream without the tablet screen being on ? Its draining the battery very fast this way.

Phil A

Re: Streaming through Amazon Fire 8 keeps stopping
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2019, 06:03 pm »
I'm new to tablets, so is there a way to Stream without the tablet screen being on ? Its draining the battery very fast this way.

Are you playing back via the tablet or is the tablet controlling something else via an App?

Bsmooth

• Bruce or Bsmooth
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2019, 07:44 pm »
Using the tablet to access the streaming stations via a Klipsch streaming app that uses a Klipsch Gate.
Its probably a setting somewhere that allows the device to stream even when the screen is off.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2019, 07:53 pm »
What you want is a screen off if not touched.(for so many seconds.). If you really turn it off fully. How do plan on finding the switch to turn it back on???  :thumb:

Doublej

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2019, 11:59 pm »
It is Amazon's way of telling you that you should have bought an Echo (or a Chromecast Audio) which are true streaming devices.

My understanding of the Klispch Gate is that is that it not a real streamer but rather a device that lets you wirelessly send audio to it from compatible apps running on a smartphone or a tablet. The apps must be continuously running on the device for the stream to continue to play.

Contrast this with a true streaming device where a smartphone or tablet is used simply to control the stream. (start, stop, change song/station, volume)

There is hopefully a setting that lets your apps continue to run when the screen blanks. This thread might help you solve the problem.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Music-stops-play-after-my-android-phone-goes-to-sleep-mode/td-p/16551