FS: Sonore microRendu and iFi Power Supply

slefley

FS: Sonore microRendu and iFi Power Supply
« on: 3 Feb 2019, 07:11 pm »
For sale is a 2 year old Sonore microRendu with latest and current v2.5 firmware.  It is in excellent condition and works perfectly.  I'm selling it because I recently updated to the ultraRendu, and while ultra is a noticeable improvement in sound quality, the biggest improvement by far came when I initially added the micro to my system - it was a shockingly good improvement for the money!  See the very positive reviews by Digital Audio Review, Computer Audiophile and Audiostream for more information.

Current list price is $629 and I am asking $350 including the iFi 9v power supply, lower-48 shipping, and the Paypal fee.

Steve

dburna

Re: FS: Sonore microRendu and iFi Power Supply
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2019, 07:23 pm »
How is this "controlled"?? Do you need to have an Apple product (iPod, iPhone) as controller? Will a Mac laptop work as a controller? Or are there other ways to stream files (and control their playback) available, such as a PC and/or Android phone?

Thanks, -dGB

slefley

« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2019, 07:39 pm »
I assume your Mac will work because I initially started with a PC, and later upgraded to a dedicated server.  You need an ethernet connection though.  I suggest you read the reviews to get more technical details as I am not very computer savvy.   

RDavidson

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2019, 03:51 am »
Latest software version is actually 2.7. Came out maybe just 2 months ago. It's easy and free to upgrade. :D

G.Michael

« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2019, 04:09 pm »
I can't say much about the microRendu, but I can confirm that the iFi power supply is very good.  I replaced two good outboard power supplies with iFi units, with little sonic difference and a lot less clutter in a small space.

slefley

« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2019, 08:38 pm »
Thanks RDavidson - I just purchased the latest version firmware (v2.7).

viggen

« Reply #6 on: 27 Feb 2019, 12:45 am »
could i stream youtube/tidal and get signal from pc to rendu to dac?  couldn't find anything definitive after googling.  i don't use rune or jriver etc.  i hardly use flac.