is a fiber optic Ethernet interconnection scheme that utilizes a new series of Sonore products with optical transceiver capabilities. Please note that this system was also designed to work seamlessly with the original Rendu series. Why systemOptique?
1. Shortly after we launched, the microRendu some customers started using off the shelf fiber optic to Ethernet converters for galvanic isolation. The problem with these products is that they isolate the Rendu from the network, but they don’t isolate the Rendu from their low quality power supplies and their price point circuits.
2. Later some customers started connecting their Rendu directly to their music servers via Ethernet. This has some obvious issues because you are connecting the noisiest device on your network to the cleanest device on your network.
3. Recently, some customers have been tinkering with modifying off the shelf network gear and distributing critical clocks over wire. Adding sensitive oscillators to dirty circuits, distributing low jitter clocks signals over a wiring mess, and interconnecting ground plans across multiple devices is a less than an optimal solution.
While the solutions above seemed reasonable on face value we understood that noise can potentially find its way into ANY traditional ethernet cable (regardless of CAT series, copper purity, cable quality, shielding, etc...). systemOptique solves the noise problem by creating an optical solution with infinite galvanic isolation between your music server and your opticalRendu. So how do I get the WOW factor?
What was needed was a properly engineered system and to that end we designed some new products for your consideration:
1. Sonore opiticalRendu - The opticalRendu utilizes an SFP fiber optic transceiver at it's input to provide 100% galvanic isolation from the network and USB-audio output. The opticalRendu has linear power regulation, CPU circuit design with femto clocking, USB circuit design with femto clocking, and a network circuit design with femto clocking. This unit utilizes SonicOrbiter for it's operating system so you already know how to use it.
2. Sonore opticalModule - The opticalModule has an SFP fiber optic transceiver along with an RJ45 connector which can be used to add fiber optic networking to your existing wired network. The circuit design features femto clocking, linear power regulation, external power input.
3. Sonore (product to be announced) - sorry still working on the details.
4. Sonore (product to be announced) - sorry still working on the details.