72v dbs

knich

72v dbs
« on: 17 Nov 2018, 02:20 am »
I would like to search the archives for opinions on 72v dbs, for some reason , I’m not allowed. Any ideas?

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: 72v dbs
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2018, 02:38 am »
Once you have 3 posts you'll have full functionality on the site.

Welcome to AudioCircle, knich :beer:

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2018, 01:46 pm »
I think if you search via Google, on Google. you will get WAY more answers.
To avoid endless for sale responses
Type in "72v DBS review"
Not just 72v DBS

I doubt there are many responses here at all..  :thumb:
My  two cents is that AQ found a new thing to work on. The idea is valid. The only question is when do you replace the battery? Can you?
Is the cable better than other brands?
AQ is produced in China, if you care. Kimber and Cardas made in USA, others ? I do not know.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2018, 02:12 pm »
Welcome!

Mike B.

« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2018, 04:31 pm »
I believe Demian Martin holds the patent on applying a voltage to cable grounds or shielding? He does product development for various companies. You might also do a patent search if you want to get that deep into the idea.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2018, 04:42 pm »
I believe Demian Martin holds the patent on applying a voltage to cable grounds or shielding? He does product development for various companies. You might also do a patent search if you want to get that deep into the idea.

I use an AQ Columbia 72v DBS XLR's.  I like the cable.  It is detailed and clear, and it tames sibilants.  Bass is just a tad dialed back when I placed it between my DAC and preamp but not between my Pre and amp.  It is better than my Blue Jean, Tara labs and Belden 8402 which is a close second.

The Colorado 72v dbs are supposed to be better.

knich

« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2018, 03:59 pm »
Thanks for the replies, thought I was being black balled and didn’t know why . I’ll get my posts in and try to learn some things from experts.