Poll

Want to meet and hear the ACI's?

Yes!
8 (80%)
No. . .  I am l4m3
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 18 Jan 2005, 02:49 pm

Anyone want to do a meet and listen to the new ACI's?

Hantra

All:

ACI is willing to send us a pair if we want to listen to the much acclaimed Sapphire XL's!  I am willing to host, but I wanted to gauge interest and see how many would want to come up before I tie up ACI's time and product.  

Vote at the top, and post ideas of when.

Carlman

« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2005, 06:15 pm »
I've never heard any ACI products and I think it'd be cool to hear them.

Would you want to combine this with comparisons of Audio PC's, integrateds, or the upgraded Usher's?

When are you thinking it would come together?

-C

sheadlee

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2005, 07:47 pm »
I'm not familiar with the Sapphire XL's...but I do have a pair of the Sapphire III LE's and also Jaguar 2000's...in boxes in my storage building.

They are very good sounding speaker systems, especially for the price. I would imagine that the newer speakers sound even better.

As long as I don't have a schedule conflict, and have enough notice, then I would love to join in.

Hantra

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2005, 08:56 pm »
Quote from: sheadlee
I'm not familiar with the Sapphire XL's...but I do have a pair of the Sapphire III LE's and also Jaguar 2000's...in boxes in my storage building.

They are very good sounding speaker systems, especially for the price. I would imagine that the newer speakers sound even better.

As long as I don't have a schedule conflict, and have enough notice, then I would love to join in.

Well jeez!  Thi guy's just got all kindsa gear he's not using!  I have to sell all my gear off to finance new gear, so there's nothing really in boxes in the garage.   :wink:

Nevetheless, it looks like we can get a pair of these in about 2 weeks or so.  If not, it'll be March sometime.  

What do you guys think?  

I'm open to anything after the 29th.

B

claud

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2005, 01:14 am »
I'm up for a meeting even if it is in Greensboro. I will bring anyone who wants to go from Raleigh, or even pick up from Durham since its on the way. At this time of year, I'm starved for audiophile companionship. What can I bring, Cary 308T, SLP 98 pre? I hope Inscrut/tim can return my Tori Amos CD.

claud

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2005, 01:16 am »
How come we got 5 votes and 4 posters?

sheadlee

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2005, 04:30 am »
Hantra...yes, I have way too much surplus gear sitting in boxes...that I need to get off of my rump, and start trying to sell.

Who knows if I cleaned out all of the unused stuff....I might be able to add more 'toys'...although I don't know where I would put them.

I think I am balancing out Carl's one box philosophy...he doesn't like gear clutter...I have gear in every room in my house...I think Carl would need counseling after he saw my 'gear clutter'  :lol: !!!

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2005, 09:53 am »
I'm good the first and third weekends in Feb, if it comes off that soon.  Claud, didn't know it was yours ... still sitting on the table (thought I posted or PM'd to see whose it was).  Also, anyone ever see or hear from Turbo996? Still have his Copland CD from the first meet.  And still hoping my orpohaned 'The Girl in the Other Room'  SACD turns up.  Maybe she slipped into one of my Elvis Costello cases.

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2005, 09:29 pm »
Quote from: Inscrutable
I'm good the first and third weekends in Feb, if it comes off that soon.  Claud, didn't know it was yours ... still sitting on the table (thought I posted or PM'd to see whose it was).  Also, anyone ever see or hear from Turbo996? Still have his Copland CD from the first meet.  And still hoping my orpohaned 'The Girl in the Other Room'  SACD turns up.  Maybe she slipped into one of my Elvis Costello cases.

Tim,

I'd love to help you out, but I checked again through all my stuff and I don't have the disk... I actually don't have the disk myself, let alone taking someone else's :)

I posted a "Yes" but haven't commented to this point.  I'm curious to hear the speakers and see what they sound like...  if you want me to bring anything along to compare with, let me know...

996turbo

Hey guys
« Reply #9 on: 1 Feb 2005, 01:13 am »
I have been really busy but would love to see you guys again. I also do miss my Copeland CD. I also would like to listen to some music if that is ok with Hantra.

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
« Reply #10 on: 1 Feb 2005, 01:11 pm »
Hope you know I've asked about you several times and in several threads.  All you have to do is PM me addy and I'd be happy to send to you, or bring to next meet if you are coming.

996turbo

I know
« Reply #11 on: 2 Feb 2005, 05:59 pm »
If it is ok with Hantra I would like to go to the next meeting. I have left him several messages and not heard back from him. So I would like to meet you guys at the next meeting or if not I will get up with you to send it to me. I want to get back into the world and hang out. I have been in deep immersion at work and could use some fun.[/quote]