Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Monitors Speakers 2 Pairs + Center

dvzzz

This is a pair of trusted Philharmonic Audio Affordable Monitors. I own two pairs of them and both are for sale for a price of $150 each pair + actual shipping, I sold my 2-channel and home theater setups and now all speakers for sale. I also have Philharmonic Affordable Center from Dennis that matches these speakers. If you buy them all you will get complete 5- channels for Home Theater. Center is $100 + actual shipping.
If you are reading it you probably know what they are - the best sounding speakers with real bass down to 40hz under $500. I had all kinds of speakers including Fritz's Carbon 7s but sold Carbons in favor of these AA monitors.

Philharmonic Audio is pleased to offer a new version of the highly popular Affordable Accuracy Monitor - BR1. The new monitor is also a modification of an existing product, in this case the Parts Express BR-1 kit.
We have replaced that circuitry with a highly precise 11-element crossover that achieves admirably flat response and excellent phase tracking. The robust silk dome tweeter is crossed at a very low 1700 Hz, which provides exceptionally broad dispersion and maximizes detail in the lower treble and upper midrange. The 6.5" long-throw woofer offers very tight and clean bass that extends much deeper than you would expect from a speaker of this size and cost. Although we have specified the bass response very conservatively at a -3 dB point of 48 Hz, the monitors will in fact produce very audible output at 34 Hz. You can test that for yourself with a demo CD that we include with every pair of monitors. Thus, you can expect a firm bass foundation and very high power handling on music material without the cost and complexity of a subwoofer. But the most surprising element of the new monitor is its price--only $210/pr plus shipping. That's just $30 more than the stock BR-1 kit, and the Affordable Accuracy Monitor is fully assembled.

Specifications:
Cabinet   Black Wood Grain Vinyl
Tweeter   1-1/8" Silk Dome
Woofer   6.5" treated paper cone with rubber surround
Crossover   11 element 4th Order Acoustic Linkwitz-Riley, 1700 Hz Crossover Frequency
Frequency Response   48 Hz - 20kHz (+/- 3db) Anechoic
Sensitivity   84.5 dB (dB/2.83v/1M)
Impedance   6 Ohms
Box Alignment   Bass Reflex
Dimensions   14" H x 9" W x 11" D
Weight   16 lbs each

« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2018, 05:04 pm by dvzzz »

I.Greyhound Fan

Do you have the spec's on them and the size of the woofers?  I may buy them for my daughter to replace a cheap pair of Infinity Primus 160's.  I was thinking about getting her a pair of the Elac B6.2's for $150pr it is a not brainer.   The only issue I see is the reapr port.  They would have to be placed close to the front wall and she can't have boomy bass.  Also, where would they ship from?  She lives in Denver.

dvzzz

AVS has a great comparison of Elac B6 and Philharmonic AAs, search for that review. I had Elac's.
These will ship from Raleigh, NC.
Dennis spoke in the thread about placement close to the wall and that does not appear to be problem.

Tweeter   1" Silk Dome
Woofer   Parts Express 6.5" treated paper cone with rubber surround
Crossover   9 element 4th Order Acoustic Linkwitz-Riley,
Impedance   6 Ohms
Weight   16 lbs each

dvzzz

Specifications
Tweeter   1-1/8" Silk Dome
Woofer   6.5" treated paper cone with rubber surround
Crossover   11 element 4th Order Acoustic Linkwitz-Riley, 1700 Hz Crossover Frequency
Impedance   6 Ohms
Weight   16 lbs each