Songs with Good imaging.

Mag

Songs with Good imaging.
« on: 12 Sep 2018, 10:57 am »
Songs that have great imaging in stereo.

I mentioned this song before 'Give Me a Sign' by Jean Michel Jarre, Metamorphoses. What you should hear is a 3D like ghostly voice in the background that seems to float above the music, more apparent the better the system. There's a few other songs on the album that have this kind of imaging.

Another is the train in 'Magnetic Fields'. You should hear the train move from right to left giving the impression it's moving.

Another is the drum solo in In-a-godda-da-vida by Iron Butterfy. You should hear the drums move from right to left.

One more, 'Comfortably Numb' by Pink Floyd, Pulse. If you have seen the video, when he's kinda twisting the guitar on the solo, it should sound like a siren. I usually turn it up loud to excite the room to hear this cool effect.

What other songs show off stereo imaging?

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
Re: Songs with Good imaging.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2018, 12:12 pm »
Roger Waters - Amused to Death

orientalexpress

qdrone

« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2018, 06:28 am »
Tomorrow Wendy by Concrete Blonde.
Bridge of Sighs by Trower

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2018, 08:17 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJqtNdcJU     All his other tracks have pretty much great imaging.

otto802

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2018, 09:59 pm »
Roger Waters - Amused to Death

The album, or the song?

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2018, 12:11 am »
The album, or the song?

Both.  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2018, 12:37 am »
Most of my CD/SACDs show great soundstage and image on my dipole Carver Amazing, mainly Ambient music from Steve Roach, but on my HE400 headphones the same CDs show its real panorama recording a very small soundstage poorly mixed.