Bryston CD3

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
Bryston CD3
« on: 11 Sep 2018, 03:08 pm »
 Well my new bcd3 has now a few miles on it and I just wish to report that this device has taken my redbook collection to a higher level... finer details that I never knew were there plus a base  that is more complete harmonically ( don't know how else to say it)... Very happy with this  player ...thanks again Bryston. :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston CD3
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2018, 04:23 pm »
Thanks for the feedback redbook - Enjoy!

james

Joe Frances

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2018, 12:24 am »
Well my new bcd3 has now a few miles on it and I just wish to report that this device has taken my redbook collection to a higher level... finer details that I never knew were there plus a base  that is more complete harmonically ( don't know how else to say it)... Very happy with this  player ...thanks again Bryston. :thumb:

Planning to get a BCD 3 as soon as my beloved Copland CD player finally bites the dust.  Curious redbook,  what kind of amp/s are you running with your BCD 3?

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2018, 10:59 pm »
Planning to get a BCD 3 as soon as my beloved Copland CD player finally bites the dust.  Curious redbook,  what kind of amp/s are you running with your BCD 3?
...I am using  my trusty 4B ST with the  BP25.....I  imagine with the latest generation of amps things would be even better ....but I'm still saving for those..LOL   All I can say is with my present set up the BCD3 is superior in harmonics and details....hearing things on my collection that I was never aware of with the  BCD1 :thumb:

gberger

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:07 am »
Mine runs 12-14 hour a day, feeding a BP-6 / 4BSST2 driving a pair of Thiel 2.7s with a SS2.2 sub. Redbook Classical and Bach organ

The BCD-3 replaced a Cambridge transport feeding a BDA-2

Couldn't be happier!

veloceleste

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 10:17 am »
Mine runs 12-14 hour a day, feeding a BP-6 / 4BSST2 driving a pair of Thiel 2.7s with a SS2.2 sub. Redbook Classical and Bach organ

The BCD-3 replaced a Cambridge transport feeding a BDA-2

Couldn't be happier!
Hi, can you describe what you feel the differences are between the BCD-3 and transport/BDA-2 combination?
Thanks.

gberger

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 04:14 pm »
The Cambridge transport drawer gave me trouble, either sticking shut (had to band the transport to get the drawer to open) or not reading the CD. These were infrequent problems, but sufficient to cause worry.
I'm both handicapped and retired, so my music is a principal enjoyment in life. I figured that the BCD3 would solve a couple of issues, viz., the drawer and needing the space, power  and cabling for the BDA-2. Also, I wanted the capability to place the spinner on disk repeat without having to worry about hangups.
Then, having read the reviews for the BCD3, I bought one, based on my experience with Bryston amps and preamp.  (Jim Thiel put me onto the Bryston 4B in 2003)

gberger

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 05:59 pm »
BTW: I  play all Redbook varieties of  CD classical music (including pipe organ.)