A comparable Pre with phono , New Build Equivalent (or close)

2bigears

:D hello AC Gals and guys.  I once had a VAC Ren Sig pre with phono. It was a pre I guess I should really have saved.  The phono was great. In this new world of new parts and better engineering ,, how much do you need to spend to get even close to this sound from a pre. I oversold and under bought,,,,,ha.  If anyone knows this pre and a pre that will match that is easier to find used at a decent price ,  please jump aboard with your info ,,,,, thanks much....  I will need a good amp to match too.   :D
      Pascal   :popcorn:

Luxmancl38

:D hello AC Gals and guys.  I once had a VAC Ren Sig pre with phono. It was a pre I guess I should really have saved.  The phono was great. In this new world of new parts and better engineering ,, how much do you need to spend to get even close to this sound from a pre. I oversold and under bought,,,,,ha.  If anyone knows this pre and a pre that will match that is easier to find used at a decent price ,  please jump aboard with your info ,,,,, thanks much....  I will need a good amp to match too.   :D
      Pascal   :popcorn:
I have a Luxman CL38U-SE all tube preamp. Only 100 of these were made. In fact I compared it to the VAC Renaissance MKV which was $4000 more and I chose the Luxman. It has tone controls for bass and treble. The phono stage is excellent. It has MM, MC High and MC Low. The phono stage also is fitted w/4 step up transformers. 2 for MC high and 2 for MC low. Also has oil caps. Total of eight tubes three 12 AX7's for the phono and five 12 AU7's for the preamp. The remote is very limited to volume control. Also has a retro look. very similar to the Marantz 7C. I have it hooked up to a Bryston 2.5 sst2 amp and a pair of Aerial 5T's. TT is a Linn w/a Dynavector 20XL2 cart. :thumb: