Resident Evil 4- better than Halo 2? YES

mcrespo71

« on: 15 Jan 2005, 12:18 am »
Ok, no doubt about it- I'm 12 hours into this game, which is the amount of time it took me to finish the single player of Halo 2 on normal, and this is hands down the best game I've played for this generation.   Halo 2 is great multiplayer- but a 12 hour single player mission with a lame ending- C'mon Bungie!  

For anyone that likes survival horror or the Resident Evil series, this is a must own!  It is BY FAR the best RE game released and I just can't give it enough praise.  

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2005, 01:16 am »
It's just for the Cube, right?  Just my luck- I sold my cube a year or so ago.  Finally they create a completely new RE game, the first in many years.

mcrespo71

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2005, 01:23 am »
Yes, it is just for the cube.  It's BY FAR the best Resident Evil Game ever and the best console game I've played across all consoles this generation IMO- and I've played every major contender, with the exception of the Final Fantasy games.  As many people own an Xbox to play Halo, this warrants a purchase of the gamecube even more than Halo warranted a purchase of the Xbox IMO.  RE4 is an absolute ground breaker in every facet.  Cube owners take note and go spend $50 on this game right now.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2005, 01:36 am »
Geez, no zombies? :o    I'm sure it's still cool, but it's hard to imagine RE with no zombies!  :?

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2005, 03:41 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
It's just for the Cube, right?  Just my luck- I sold my cube a year or so ago.

Oh, I think it was over a year ago that I bought it from 'ya.

At least now they're the same cost new as what you sold me yours for...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2005, 04:03 am »
Yeah, I guess it was at that.  I'm too broke to buy a new one right now even if I wanted to.

bubba966

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2005, 04:21 am »
Yeah, I guess it was at that.

Didn't I get it from you back at HD? If so, that'd make it more than 2 years back...

I'm too broke to buy a new one right now even if I wanted to.

Well, I feel you on that. Everytime I see a commercial for RE4 I want to play it. But unfortunately that won't be happeneing anytime soon.

If I ever get a Panny 'cube before you get a 'cube I'll give you a hell of a deal on your old 'cube.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2005, 10:16 am »
Capcom has announced that RE4 will be coming to the PS2 before later this year.  That's cool- I might get to play it after all! :beer:

mcrespo71

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2005, 03:52 pm »
Rob,

That's cool!  Start saving for it now- it rocks!

Michael

mcrespo71

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2006, 02:46 am »
So did anyone ever buy this?  It's on PS2, so I assume more of you have a chance to try this killer title.

Bemopti123

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jan 2006, 03:51 am »
Not to sidetrack this dialogue, but does anyone here do handheld games and systems?

The Nintendo DS Mario Kart Red Edition that I bought is by far the most convenient and interesting multiplayer device I have ever used.  I race Mario almost everywhere from subway trips to other, inhospitable places.  

Sure that regular console games rock, but I wonder if anyone is swayed to dip their toes in the portability factor.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 14 Jan 2006, 03:51 am »
Funny, this thread being resurrected close to a year to the day later.  I don't currently have a PS2, but I almost bought one tonite, but I was in a hurry and didn't want to find someone to unlock the case.  Soon I'll get a new slim PS2, and when I do I'll have to get Resident Evil 4 and maybe God of War- everyone is raving that one up.

mcrespo71

« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2006, 04:55 am »
Well, I felt compelled to resurrect this thread because Resident Evil 4 is AWESOME and I wanted to remind ohter circle members of this, especially now that it is on PS2.

Oh, Bemopti123- agree about Mario Kart DS- one of, if not, my favorite Mario Kart releases, which is saying a lot, since it's the only franchise I know of that has yet to release a bad game.  As for the DS, I can't live without it, especially as a NYer, who rides the subway a lot.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jan 2006, 04:57 am »
Another reason I didn't get a PS2 today is that I stopped by WallyWorld for some soda & ice (fuck- I just now remember I forgot the ice! :x ) and looked at the games and they didn't have a copy of RE4.

mcrespo71

« Reply #14 on: 14 Jan 2006, 05:02 am »
Another reason I didn't get a PS2 today is that I stopped by WallyWorld for some soda & ice (fuck- I just now remember I forgot the ice! :x ) and looked at the games and they didn't have a copy of RE4.

DOH!!! :lol:

bubba966

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jan 2006, 09:09 am »
Quote from: mcrespo71
So did anyone ever buy this?  It's on PS2, so I assume more of you have a chance to try this killer title.

I still haven't been able to pick it up for my 'cube. Ahh the fun of not having a job for nearly a year & a half... :cry:

But I will pick it up someday. Might even hit the $20/$25 price bracket by the time I can spare the $. :lol:

Until then Mario Kart DD will keep me more than occupied (I probably average 3-4 hours a week on MKDD, and have since the week it came out.)...

Folsom

« Reply #16 on: 14 Jan 2006, 09:42 am »
Comparing Resident Evil 4 to Halo based on single player... You smoke crack right? Neither Halo was ment to have an amazing single player, it was like a bonus that you had some thing to do for practice. I would like to see Resident Evil turn every jock in the nation into a gamer like the Halos did, oh wait no multi-player!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 14 Jan 2006, 10:11 am »
Multiplayer is useless.  They could easily prune that pointless code out of any game they intend to sell to me.

Folsom

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jan 2006, 10:19 am »
Multiplayer is useless.  They could easily prune that pointless code out of any game they intend to sell to me.

To you Rob.... I do understand you but the sales numbers, I can promise you that Bungie does not care about Rob, but rather the who knows, approaching a million, other people who like multiplayer instead.

MaxCast

« Reply #19 on: 14 Jan 2006, 11:33 am »
Bought RE4 with a bunch of other "lesser" games so I have not gotten into it yet.  Looking forward to it though.

The kids are loving Star Wars- Legos version.  Actually it is pretty cool.  No blood and guts, just legos studs you pick up. :D  We will be getting Kart pretty soon.  I hear many recs on Kart.