SOLD Audio Mirror Tubadour V2 - NOS AD1865 DAC

willsw

• Industry Participant
SOLD Audio Mirror Tubadour V2 - NOS AD1865 DAC
« on: 23 Aug 2018, 04:18 am »
This is an Audio Mirror Tubadour DAC. I sent it to Audio Mirror in October in order to be upgraded to Mk.II status: it received new tubes, gigantic new Clarity caps, a new USB input module, and a new faceplate. It is possible that there were other upgrades done but those were the only ones noticeable to me. I've included an internals shot just to show the difference from photos of the internals of the Tubadour V1.

I replaced the BNC connector with a Vampire RCA, as my preferred digital cables were RCA. I also replaced the stock feet, which were hard rubber, with sorbothane EAR feet.

This DAC uses the same chip as the Audio Note DACs, and is the best sounding DAC I've had in my system. As a fan of non-oversampling DACs, I've had Denafrips, several MHDT, a Wavelength Brick, and others.

There are a few scratches: most notably one on the top of the case, towards the rear. I lost a couple of the black M3 screws for the top cover so I bought new screws that are flathead instead of phillips and silver instead of black, but they're less likely to strip and I like how the silver looks with the faceplate and the tube guards. I'll include the old screws as well.

The switch on the back either switches between SPDIF and USB or TOSlink and USB, I forget which, and the button on the front switches between the two inputs being used. Sampling rate is displayed on the front panel. The power switch is on the side of the case, just behind the face plate on the left.

Comes with an extra set of new tubes and a very standard IEC cable.

Only selling for economic reasons. It's a great DAC that I believe would keep up with very high-end amplification.

SOLD

« Last Edit: 5 Sep 2018, 11:52 am by willsw »

dmac67

Re: Audio Mirror Tubadour V2 - NOS AD1865 DAC
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2018, 04:04 pm »
Message sent