Poll

Do you more often listen to full albums, partial albums or sinlge songs?

Basically always the full album
Usually just part of an album, at least three songs
Only single songs from playlists or what is felt like

Full, partial or single?

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
Full, partial or single?
« on: 3 Aug 2018, 03:06 pm »
Feel free to elaborate!

Mag

Re: Full, partial or single?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2018, 03:25 pm »
I usually make composite albums. I will take the best songs from an artist/album and put them on a cd-r. I usually then play the whole cd afterwards.

Or if an album is like two cd's I have to eliminate a few songs to fit on 1 cd.

In cases where an album doesn't fill an entire cd-r. I add individual artist songs to fill cd-r.

witchdoctor

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2018, 03:30 pm »
I like picking up the amazon fire remote and just saying "play _________" and in a few seconds the song plays for casual listening. If I want an artist I can say shuffle instead of play. If I want a genre I can just say play (genre) station.
For intense listening I like MQA playlists on Tidal.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2018, 03:40 pm »
I usually play many albums of one artist or group in a session. Stick them in a five disc changer. Play.
Right now I have five CDs of 'Charlatans UK' playing.
I try to stick them in the order of release.
So for me, not just one album...

PierreB

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2018, 04:17 pm »
Always full album.

Spyman

« Reply #5 on: 3 Aug 2018, 05:32 pm »
For me, it depends on my mood. For example, on Saturday mornings when my wife and I are puttering around the house, I’ll make up a playlist on the BDP-1 of 60’s rock ‘n’ roll. There’s nothing like The Beach Boys, the Beatles and early Neil Diamond to lift your spirits and make you feel good! On the other hand, on Sunday mornings, we enjoy listening to classical music, so then it’s a complete album. Usually, though, it’s a playlist of single songs from many artists. To me, that’s the beauty of the BDPs; anything you want is right there at your fingertips.

Terry

zoom25

« Reply #6 on: 3 Aug 2018, 08:12 pm »
With Roon, I usually will start out with a full album. As soon as the album is done, it will automatically go to something else and play similar music. I usually let the shuffle continue and it feels like a perfect transition. If somewhere down the shuffle I am really enjoying the track and feel like revisiting the entire album, I will jump into the full album.

So a bit of everything.  :thumb: