BDA-3 + Aurender N100H

krazyivan

BDA-3 + Aurender N100H
« on: 31 Jul 2018, 03:43 pm »
Howyd,

Just wondering if there are any Aurender + BDA-3 users out there and if they have experienced any issues with the USB port(s).

My issue (which is an annoyance more than anything) is that occasionally when I turn on my system to listen to my digital music collection from  the N100H, to the BDA-3, using the USB port  (Nordost Blue Heaven) on the BDA-3, the USB port will light green, the lock frequencies lock green (this not always, sometimes do not light) and  the Aurender will see the BDA-3 (it reports the DAC being used on screen), report that it is playing but sound will not play. What I do is turn on/off the Aurender and it all works again. Once it is playing, it has never failed, it seems that it only happens after a time of not playing music. I also play HDMI music from 2 other sources through the BDA-3 and never had an issue. I have tried other USB cables, same result and also tried both USB ports on the BDA-3, same result although it would appear as if port number 2 is better (in other words, this issue does not happen as often).

I opened a case with Aurender and did their troubleshooting and they came back with "it seems as if the DAC loses communication" but were not able to get any more information as of why this would be happening. I have been trying to get support from Bryston and submitted two requests on their web page and no answers. I guess I need to be more persistent but I am just reaching out to other users of this same combo to see if they have had any issues. Hopefully it is just me :)

Also: I can't search on these forums, otherwise I would have done it already. Perhaps it is because I am new and this is my first post?  :duh:

Tubeburner

Re: BDA-3 + Aurender N100H
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2018, 05:18 pm »
I have the N100h, but a different dac. I have found that if I turn the dac on first and wait for a couple minutes, then turn on the Aurender, the problem went away. The dac  needs to be active for the Aurender to see it IMO.