EH EL34s

G

EH EL34s
« on: 12 Jan 2005, 05:58 pm »
Guys I have got to tell you about the sound that I'm getting out of a new pair of Electro Harmonix EL34s. Wow! That sums it up nicely. If you are running a EL34 based amp you owe it to yourself to give them a listen. Great highs and midrange and detail that will melt your knees. I'll never look at a pair of Mullards on Ebay with lust in my eyes again as long as they keep making these babies. Feel free to stop by for a listen if you want. Gotta go. Jethro Tull is calling. :mrgreen:

bmed

EH EL34s
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2005, 06:08 pm »
Hey Gavin,

I agree.  I had some EH EL34's in my former Jolida 302b.  EH makes some great tubes, especially when you consider the price.  I've got a pair of their 6SN7's that I think are fantastic.  I even prefer them to a couple of NOS that I've tried, all for ~$11/tube---can't beat that.

Cheers,
Brad

Horizons

• Restricted
Re: EH EL34s
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2005, 06:43 pm »
Quote from: G
Guys I have got to tell you about the sound that I'm getting out of a new pair of Electro Harmonix EL34s. Wow! That sums it up nicely. If you are running a EL34 based amp you owe it to yourself to give them a listen. Great highs and midrange and detail that will melt your knees. I'll never look at a pair of Mullards on Ebay with lust in my eyes again as long as they keep making these babies. Feel free to stop by for a listen if you want. Gotta go. Jethro Tull is calling. :mrgreen:

I had a pair of Mullards in my Sonic Frontiers EL34 amp. I went tube swapping one day and tried the EH tubes. I liked them just as well. Trust me, you don't need to pop for Mullards in your EL34 based amp.