FREE MUSIC : 24bit DVDs

nickspicks

« on: 12 Jan 2005, 11:48 am »
Hey all...

I just returned from a short trip to Colorado where I recorded the Steve Kimock Band a couple of nights.

If anyone wants to hear these ambient recordings, made with a vintage AKG c34 stereo mic > Fostex FR-2 solid state field recorder...
then contact me and we can set up a B&P, or trade for blank DVD+Rs.

the recordings are mastered at 24bit / 48kHz and I burn them on to DVD with software called Audio DVD creator.  It makes a hybrid disc that will play the raw LPCM files on just about any DVD player.  MUCH nicer sounding than redbook!

I'll post links to a place to download on archive.org when I get them up there.  There will be redbook copies as well for those interested.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2005, 11:56 am »
Oooh...me me me! :D   I have DVD-Rs, but no plus Rs.  Is that usable by you?

nickspicks

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2005, 12:09 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Oooh...me me me! :D   I have DVD-Rs, but no plus Rs.  Is that usable by you?

yup.  -R will do.
you still have my addie Rob?
PM me.

Woodsea

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2005, 03:15 pm »
I would love in on this, but my dvd player is still not here, and trading would take months back and forth.  Thanks for the kind offer.

nickspicks

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2005, 03:28 pm »
Quote from: Woodsea
I would love in on this, but my dvd player is still not here, and trading would take months back and forth.  Thanks for the kind offer.

I was about to say you're crazy on that time frame...until I noticed you are in Mongolia!
well, if you've got bandwidth then you'll be able to download the 24bit or 16bit versions from archive.org.  probably next week when I get them up.  i'll re-post the links when they are ready