3i update

guf

3i update
« on: 16 Jul 2018, 04:07 pm »
I grabbed these 3i for a desk top system. I love them. I find I'm spending more time at my desk, my second system and really enjoying it. My second system is the left over stuff and hand me down from my main system. As it gets better it makes me want to make it better. And as it gets better I want to spend more time here and invest more into it. Funny how that happens.
I added a pair of TEO GC cables I had laying around, some better speaker cables, then I purchased the Iso stands that people often recommend, I highly recommend them now too. Then I dragged my Rythmik 12in sub from the other room and now I have this really engaging sound that its hard to step away from.
I'm powering with a 45 amp, controlling the volume digitally, and its lovely. Its fun maximizing with constraints, like space and power. And money. I feel I have a relatively inexpensive simple system that sounds amazing.

peckjed

Re: 3i update
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2018, 05:32 pm »
Great looking setup! This tempts me to try and put together a second Omega desktop system for my home office. What are your thoughts on these vs your SAM HO's?

guf

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2018, 05:52 pm »
peckjed don't you have a pair of something for sale? I want yours too! for a third system. :)

I want an Alnico desktop pair, but these 3i are wonderful. Sitting so close, is like having headphones. I'd need to upgrade a few things to compare fairly but these are really nice.

peckjed

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2018, 06:36 pm »
peckjed don't you have a pair of something for sale? I want yours too! for a third system. :)

I want an Alnico desktop pair, but these 3i are wonderful. Sitting so close, is like having headphones. I'd need to upgrade a few things to compare fairly but these are really nice.

I sold my RS8 monitors/Deep Hemp sub and bought SAM HO monitor and a dual 8" Deep hemp sub. My buddy is currently selling some SAM's in Junior XRS boxes that also sound really good