Before I bug Jim again, I wanted to see if anyone has had an issue getting the Streamplayer to show up on their regular old Windows 7 home network. Mine used to show up intermittently but a simple reboot of my player or the desktop would usually fix the problem. Now? No such luck. I'm still able to control the unit via Rompr, see artist profiles, and do all the config stuff with the built in site on 10.0.0.98, but without being able to see the drive on my network, I can't add new music.
I have already tried the following:
1) turned off Microsoft and Avast firewalls completely
2) Made sure network discovery and file and printer sharing is on.
3) tried it with and without tcp v4 and v6 (or whatever that protocol nomenclature is)
4) turned Microsoft firewall on and tailored rules to open all ports required by the Streamplayer listed in Jim's troubleshooting guide, being careful to apply the same rules to both "public" network and "home" network, in case that mattered
5) did the same with Avast firewall
6) tried toggling my computer between a "home" machine and a "work" machine in the network settings
7) unplugging and replugging my Ethernet cable into the Netgear Wi-Fi extender that I use to connect my Streamplayer to the home network (that extender always shows up on the network no matter what settings I have)
Under all circumstances I can ping my desktop and router successfully using that tool available on the Streamplayer. I also have a network watcher tool and that tool can always see 10.0.0.98 and properly classifies it as "STREAMPLAYER" no matter the settings above. It does not, however, show the "Asustek" network adapter label that it used to sometimes show.
Any help would be much appreciated!