Upcoming Concerts

Scott F.

Upcoming Concerts
« on: 8 Jan 2005, 03:46 pm »
Happy Snowy Saturday Everyone!

I know everybody is still reeling from Christmas expenses but I thought I'd throw a couple of upcoming concerts out there to see if anybody is interested.

The Pagaent

February 18  Friday
An Evening with The Finn Brothers AKA Crowded House and Split Ends
Doors: 7:00 PM   Show: 8:00 PM
General Admission - Limited Seating:   $22.50 - All Ages

March 11th Friday
The Pat Metheny Group
Tickets $46.50 and under
(you have to go to Ticketmaster to find this concert, it isn't listed on the Pagaent website)

VooDoo Lounge at Harra's
VooDoo Special Concert - Los Lobos
Thursday, February 3
9pm
VooDoo cafe & lounge
$25 in advance - $28 at the door

Bottleneck Blues Bar Ameristar
Dave Mason
March 24, 2005

Laura and I have our tickets for Pat Metheny already. Pat is supporting his new album The Way Up. I've got the advance copy in for review. I'm sitting down with him on the 24th to do an interview and talk about his new release. The Way Up is one continuous 68 minute composition. I don't want to type too much about it since it's going to be a review for ETM but it is (probably) his best work to date. This should be a phenominal show. Pat usually hangs around afterward to meet and greet the audience and sign autographs. Pat, Steve and the guys are very approachable.

We are planning on going to see the Finn Brothers with a definate maybe on Los Lobos. We saw Dave Mason last fall out at Wildwood. Dave did one helluva good show. He's well worth seeing.

Anybody interested?

DeadFish

Upcoming Concerts
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2005, 04:56 am »
Pat Metheny sounds great, Scott, if I can get rid of some 'stuff' and get decent tickets.  
So, I kinda get from your drift that this might be more 'mainstream Metheny' rather than some of his experimental stuff?
My favorite flavor, though 'One Quiet Nite' really tripped my trigger, once I got to listen to it well.
Just don't think I can sell the wife on a 'SongX' type concert.
I'd hear about it all the way home....  :wink:

Thanks for the heads up!

DF

Scott F.

Upcoming Concerts
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2005, 03:55 pm »
His new one definately isn't SongX'ish. In the same vein its not quite One Quiet Night'ish either.

Knowing wha tyou guys listen to, I think the little woman will thouroughly enjoy the concert. Great thing about the Pagaent, there really isn't a bad seat in the house, even if its SRO.

Hope you can make it!