Hi theobetley and mirekti,
It was a pleasure to have you both at AXPONA, and thank you for your feedback of our demo room!
Hey Triode Pete,
As usual, your cabling helped us get the most out of our system - thanks for teaming up with us this year!
I must have swapped your American speaker cables between the three Harbeth models well over 100 times as many attendees were
curious to listen how they compared. They remained solid and never let me down, and thank you for the custom length that made swapping easy.
More feedback of our room, from Computer Audiophile member "austinpop:"https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/audio-shows/axpona-2018-show-report-r707/
Here are the few systems that stood out to me as sounding great:
- PS Audio mid-priced setup, using their Stellar line, and Goldenear Triton Reference. Surprising lack of glare and very smooth. Used their new P12 (P5 followon) regenerator
- Chord room with Raidho speakers
- Quintessence Audio (local dealer) had 2 excellent rooms:
- Audio Research Ref 6/Ref 160 driving Wilson Alexia 2
- Audio Research Ref 10/Ref 750SE driving Sonus Faber Aïda
- Western Electric electronics driving Gauder speakers
- Rethm Bhaava speakers (under $5k) driven by Audio Hungary (?) electronics with Innuos Zenith SE source. Very impressive speakers at this price point.
- Vinnie Rossi electronics driving Harbeth 40.2. This was possibly my favorite room of the show.
- Really enjoyed the quiet room with the Sennheiser HE-1 $60k headphone system. Finally, a headphone that bests my HD-800S in every possible way. If this were a CanJam, there'd be a line or signup for this setup.
Thank you for visiting and posting your impressions, austinpop!
---Steve Guttenberg "The Audiophiliac"
visited and mentioned our room in his quick preview video, here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ipMl7Itd1c
(Looking forward to seeing more coverage from him, hopefully soon! And check out his ever-growing channel on YouTube)
I also had the pleasure of being interviewed after show hours by Brian Hunter of Part Time Audiophile
for his "The Occasional Podcast" series - I'll post a link when it comes out.
Overall, I was very fortunate to have the prototype L2 Signature Monoblocks playing in time for AXPONA. I really wish you all could have seen the L2 Signature Preamplifier (Like the L2 amps, it will be SOLID. It's also a real looker, too!
). I'm still getting it all in order and am aiming to have it in production late June / early July. So far, so good!
I'll certainly have some images to share of it in the next few weeks.[L2 Signature Monoblocks, front/rear view]
Beyond all the gear and the music, I was so thrilled to have such a busy room all 3 days of the show. The traffic rarely let up, and the amount of enthusiasm and excitement in the room was much appreciated and made exhibiting well worth it for me! You guys made me feel like a celebrity (well, a very geeky one at that - LOL)! Thanks again to everyone
who stopped over to listening, and I hope to hear more from others when they have time to post their feedback.
More show reports are coming soon...